Ongoing need. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. School Bus Drivers
Scheduled as needed. Route times vary 6:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.$37.00 per bus run for substitute route driver. $16.19/hr for training on routes. $18.58 Starting pay for route driversTraining will be provided to qualified applicants.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
- Drives school bus or transportation vehicle over assigned route in accordance with time schedule.
- Boards and discharges student passengers in a safe and orderly manner.
- Transports students, staff, and chaperones on field trips, athletic activities, and other special trips.
- Enforces District policies and procedures related to transportation and maintains discipline on buses.
- Prepares student discipline citations as needed.
- Prepares daily reports of mileage, time, and student loads.
- Maintains bus cleanliness on a daily basis, including washing, as needed.
- Performs minor bus maintenance checks and reports maintenance needs.
- Renders first aid or emergency assistance as needed.
- May transport other materials in District vehicles.
- Services buses with fuel and checks tires, battery, and belts.
- Maintains good order among students on buses, following District policies regarding discipline of children and contact with parents and other citizens.
- Instructs students and others on proper bus behavior and emergency procedures and performs bus evacuation/evacuating.
- Ensures compliance with applicable provisions of state motor vehicle code and education code, as related to bus driving and transporting students.
- Knowledge of safe driving practices.
- Knowledge of geography of the School District and other districts served.
- Ability to effectively operate school bus, exercising good judgment and extreme caution.
- Ability to drive school bus safely over variety of normal and hazardous road conditions.
- Maintain order among students on a bus.
- Learn designated bus route, bus stops, and District traffic hazards.
- Make route reports.
- Keep simple records such as call logs, pre-trip inspections, route documentation.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the public, and staff members.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student matters.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, and staff.
- Ability to manage students with disciplinary problems.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements and Board policies.
1. Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
2. Good driving record as evident by driving record.
3. Successful work experience demonstrating dependability and reliability. Necessary special requirements
Possession of valid Montana commercial driver's license, accompanied by satisfactory medical examination report Holds valid basic First Aid/CPR certificate or must be able to obtain within 90 days of hire date.Holds valid TR-35 Form (issued after hire).Successfully pass a background check as required by the State of Montana. Equipment
Operates yellow school buses, two-way radio equipment, specials needs equipment, telephone/voice mail.Physical and Mental Demands and Work Hazards
- Regularly works inside and outside.
- The employee will occasionally walk on slippery surfaces.
- Bend or twist at the neck and waist and be able to reach above the head.
- Hand and wrist strength to operate door controls, windows, steering wheel.
- Outside exposure includes performing the duties in varying weather extremes.
- Directly responsible for the safety and well-being on bus.
- Ability to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
- The environment can be stressful due to the nature of the work.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to sit; occasionally walk and stand.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to be able to hear conversations in loud and quiet environments.
- May be required to lift or carry up to 10 pounds with or without an accommodation.
- Performs routine work.
- Guidance and reinforcement are usually available.
- The employee frequently works within time constraints and must maintain attentiveness intensity.
- Frequently involved in interactions which require oral and written communications.
- Exercises flexibility and the ability to shift from one task to another.
- Demonstrates regular attendance performing duties as described.
- Reports to work fit for duty with characteristics inherent to the position.
The duties, physical demands, work-environment characteristics, and mental/motor demands described within this vacancy announcement are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Diane Letendre
- PO BOX 166
- Belgrade, Montana 59714