The Lynn Public Schools has an opening for a Library Media Specialist at Harrington Elementary School for the 2020-2021 school year.
Position Summary: the Library Media Specialist will provide all students with an enriched library experience that supports the curriculum by providing educational resources so that both students and teachers become independent users of information, while fostering a love of learning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the library and the media center/computer room
- Fosters a creative, flexible library environment that promotes a love of reading and lifelong learning for all students
- Catalogs all library materials
- Maintains an inventory of books, computers, software, equipment, etc.
- Provides access to the library and media center/computer room throughout the school day with a weekly schedule of classes
- Offers assistance to teachers in the selection and use of informational resources
- Recommends student-level literature and encourages students reading for pleasure and learning
- Provides library media resources that will meet the informational, research, educational, and recreational needs of students
- Uses a wide variety of teaching methods, media, and ways of communicating information to ensure that students can access
and use all types of information sources
- Teaches developmentally appropriate informational literacy skills to all students
- Provides instruction in the use of technology to access information and Internet safety
- Plans cooperatively with teachers to incorporate information skills into the classroom curriculum, and assists teachers to
develop standards-based units and activities
- Provides leadership in assessing, evaluating, and implementing information and instructional technologies
- Requests Library supplies and books within the parameters of the budget
- Schedules and organizes book fair
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal
All candidates interested in applying for this postion must have a valid Massachusetts Library Media Specialist license.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist Equal Opportunity Employer
Lynn Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Barbara Rafuse, Director of Human Resources
- 100 Bennett Street
- Lynn, Massachusetts 01905
- Phone: 781-593-1680
- Fax: 781-477-7312
- Email: click here