Temporary Task - Force Custodian POSITION GUIDE:
NON- CERTIFIED PERSONNEL
12 Months 8 Hours
Non - Bargaining Unit Position
Building PrincipalREPORTS TO:
High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Experience as a school custodian or the equivalent in custodial service at other institutions.
Ability to understand and follow both written and oral instruction.
Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of custodial service.
Ability to complete assigned tasks as required by the District.ABILITIES:
1. Operate common and specialized cleaning equipment and tools.
2. Perform heavy physical labor to include lifting, pulling, pushing and working on ladders.
3. Use hand and small power tools to accomplish minor repairs and adjustments.
4. Work without direct supervision.
5. Adhere to safety standards and safe practices especially in the handling and use of chemicals.
6. Maintain cooperative and productive working relationships through the use of courtesy and tact when dealing with others.
7. Carry out complex and/or multiple tasks, understand written and/or oral instructions.
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties performed by the individual holding this position may be assigned.RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Report to the engineer before starting to work.
2. Responsible to the building principal and head custodian for the cleanliness of the assigned areas.
3. Monitor the supplies and equipment in the assigned building and report any problems to the supervisor.
4. Attend all in-service training for custodial service employees as required for continued employment.
5. Assist with the training of new personnel.
6. Requisition custodial supplies as necessary.
7. Dry mop classrooms, empty wastebaskets, and pencil sharpeners straighten furniture, secure windows, and turn off lights daily.
8. Wet mop classrooms in their entirety a minimum of once a week.
9. Clean chalk and whiteboard tray rails daily.
10. Clean chalk and whiteboards weekly.
11. Clean gymnasium daily (bleachers and the areas underneath shall be cleaned not less than once each week and more often if required).
12. Clean and dust auditorium as required (if applicable).
13. Clean glass surfaces as required.
14. Clean and sanitize drinking fountains.
15. Clean and sanitize toilet rooms including sinks urinals, toilet bowls, flush valves, floors, stalls, clean and fill soap and paper dispensers daily.
16. Clean Office complex daily.
17. Remove scuff marks and "auto scrub" (where appropriate) the halls and stairways daily.
18. Remove graffiti, scuff marks, and dirt on walls and floors as required.
19. Dust countertops, bookshelves, window sills, etc. weekly or as required.
20. Replace or report burned-out lights to the head custodian.
21. Report any loose or broken light fixtures to the head custodian (replace when safe to do so).
22. Report any and all building system failures to the building principal, engineer and/or designee.
23. Report defective toilets, urinals, or faucets to the head custodian if attempts to fix have failed.
24. Move, install and/or assemble furniture as needed.
25. Assist head custodian in the removal of snow and ice when required.
26. Assist principal and school staff in moving boxes, furniture, supplies, etc.
27. Secure all exterior doors and set the building alarm system before leaving.
28. Other duties as may be assigned by the building principal, Superintendent or designee.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs on to ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, such as salt and bulk furniture. The employee will sometimes push/pull items, such as tables, bleachers, scrubbing machines. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters when performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Employee experiences constant interruptions and inflexible deadlines. The noise level in this environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and outdoors.
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- NATACIA CAMPBELL TOMINOV
- 420 N Raynor Ave
- Joliet, Illinois 60435