This position is for the 2020-2021 School Year 182 Day Contract This posting will create a pool of applicants. As openings become available, these applications will be reviewed and considered for interview. Minimum Qualifications:
- First preference given to Bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Associate's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university or from an institution accredited by the national league of nursing or a diploma program in nursing accredited by the national league of nursing; and enrolled in or actively pursuing a bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university or willing to pursue BSN degree (to be obtained within a maximum of 3 years);
- Has a valid New Mexico registered nurse license issued by the New Mexico Board of Nursing or any successor licensing board for nurses or license from another state based on current compact state license according to New Mexico nursing board rule.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Current New Mexico Department of Education license appropriate to the assignment or ability to obtain proper licensure within 90 days of hire.
- Identifies and reports health problems that interfere with student learning through screening procedures, assessments, and evaluations of students;
- Makes appropriate referrals based on data obtained from screenings;
- Serves on committees and attends required meetings and conferences;
- Provides consultation and training in school health, safety, health education, sanitation, and counseling to students and staff;
- Provides training in first aid and health screening skills to health assistants;
- Supervises student aides, health aides, and student nurses;
- Conducts special education and regular education student screenings;
- Advises and consults with teachers and parents regarding results;
- Supervises students for self-administered medications;
- Administers medication and specialized health care needs to students;
- Implements health management plans with students who have special needs;
- Implements policies and procedures regarding control of communicable diseases in accordance with regulations of the State of New Mexico Environment Department;
- Coordinates and administers immunizations for students and staff;
- Coordinates, administers, and interprets tuberculin testing for staff;
- Maintains student health and immunization records to include day, month, year, and appropriate follow-up;
- Assists administration in arranging emergency care and first aid for students and staff;
- Arranges transportation for emergency medical care;
- Authorizes exclusion and re-admission of students in connection with infectious, contagious, and nuisance diseases;
- Participates in in-service training programs, workshops, and continuing education to maintain professional status;
- Maintains current CPR certification;
- Assists Principal in other health-related assignments;
- Prepares and maintains reports related to activities;
- Makes home visits when necessary;
- Maintains communication and professional rapport with students, parents, and staff;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work hours are established in employment contract. Additional work hours may be
required as scheduled by School Principal.Application Procedure:
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
An Equal Opportunity employer Review salary information here.
- One (1) transcript from each crediting college or university
- Copy of Professional License
Job Category: Student Services > School Nurse Contact Information
- Vanessa Burge, Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124