NORTH LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL DISTRICTTransportation Bus Driver Department:
Transportation Job Status:
Non-Exempt Report to:
Director of TransportationGrade/Level:
P-12 Amount of Travel Required:
As determined by the Director Of Transportation Positions Supervised:
None POSITION SUMMARY
Transport students of special clients. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
POSITION QUALIFICATIONSCompetency Statement(s)
- Follow safety rules as students are boarding and exiting buses, and as they cross streets near bus stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Maintain order among students during trips, in order to ensure safety.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations, following strict time schedules.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Drive gasoline, diesel, or electrically powered multi-passenger vehicles to transport students between neighborhoods, schools, and school activities.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, and/or fares received.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.
- Escort small children across roads and highways.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Diversity-Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Team Building - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
No prior experience necessarySKILLS & ABILITIES
Certificates & Licenses
Commercial Driver's License Class B with air brakes, passenger and school bus endorsements.OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Dot Drug Test Program, FBI and ASP Background Check, Child Maltreatment Background, CheckPHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical DemandsLift/Carry
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
O (Occasionally)N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.O (Occasionally)
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)F (Frequently)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)C (Constantly)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)WORK ENVIRONMENT
The School Bus Driver must work in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat.The North Little Rock School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
North Little Rock School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 2700 Poplar Street
- North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114