POSITION TITLE: SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Arkansas certification in Special Education
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOALS: Develop and implement the individual education program for students with disabilities.
1. Assess the needs of individual students.
2. Determine student=s strengths and weaknesses.
3. Develop behavior management programs for individual students as needed.
4. Maintain and utilize data collection to monitor and analyze student progress.
5. Develop an individual education plan/specific program for each student based on diagnostic/assessment data.
6. Utilize instructional strategies to implement individual education plan for each student.
7. Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning in both appearance of instructional station and activities therein.
8. Counsel with students on individual needs for their academic, personal, social and career improvement.
9. Ensure that substitute will have all information necessary for effective instruction.
10. Plan, prescribe and direct the learning activities of students.
11. Prepare and follow effective lesson plans.
12. Train and supervise para-educators and volunteers.
13. Follow adopted district guidelines and procedures for implementation of programs for students identified as having special needs.
14. Participate as a team member in all aspects of a student=s educational program.
15. Assist in development of school and district curriculum.
16. Supervise students in corridors, in restrooms, in lunch rooms and on school grounds in accordance with district policy.
17. Assist in the enforcement of school regulations at all times.
18. Participate in all prescribed in service programs.
19. Maintain and make reports on necessary records for pupil accounting, pupil progress, material and equipment inventories.
20. Check attendance and report absence and tardies.
21. Submit required special education reports and student progress reports.
22. Sponsor clubs and activities on an equitable basis.
23. Inform parents of each student=s education program regularly through home visits, phone calls, etc. and work to make parents an integral part of the team.
24. Schedule, attend and complete required paper work for Programming/Annual Review Conference/Referral Conference/Re-evaluation, etc.
25. Attend and participate in evaluation conferences.
26. Take responsibility for issued materials and equipment.
27. Maintain special education files.
28. Have a working knowledge of all federal and state legislation and regulations which pertain to the rights and responsibilities of students with disabilities.
29. Know Board of Education policies, Desegregation Plan, district and school guidelines/regulations and adhere to same.
30. Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Teacher Salary Schedule. Placement depends upon education and experience.
Length of Contract: 190 days per contract year
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education Equal Opportunity Employer
Pulaski County Special School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information