- Assist teacher in providing small group and individual instruction.
- Assist teaching personnel in all areas of their work.
- Correct daily work assignments of students in all areas.
- Operate various pieces of equipment, i.e., copy machines, video equipment, typewriters, computers, recorders, etc.
- Assist individual students in teacher-monitored classrooms.
- Assist teacher in monitoring individual student objectives.
- Provide for student's safety.
- Assist student with the development of self-help skills, vocal skills and fine and gross motor skills.
- Provide activities and instruction for students as planned by the teacher.
- Assist with maintaining discipline.
- Assist students in other classes as necessary.
- Implement behavioral intervention strategies.
- Other duties as assigned by building principal.
- Physically able to occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, stoop, bend, reach, kneel, crawl, and grasp as required to successfully perform all duties and requirements.
- Ability to focus (adjust the eye to bring and object into sharp focus), clear vision at 20 inches or less, and clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- High School graduate or GED.
- AA degree, or 48 semester credits or 72-quarter credits from an institution of higher education (level 100 class or higher), or having successfully passed the ETS ParaPro Assessment.
- Dependable, trustworthy, experience working with children and adults, good time manager, initiative.
Othello School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator: Sandra Villarreal, (509) 488-2659, [email protected]
; and Section 504 Coordinator: Heidi Wagner, (509) 488-2659, [email protected]
. Address: 1025 South 1st Avenue, Othello, WA 99344.
El Distrito Escolar Othello no discrimina en ningun programa o actividad por motivos de sexo, raza, credo, religion, color, nacionalidad, edad, estado veterano o militar, orientacion sexual, expresion o identidad de genero, discapacidad o el uso de un guia para perros entrenado o animal de servicio y proporciona acceso igualitario a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos de jovenes designados. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar preguntas y quejas de supuesta discriminacion: Coordinadora de Derechos Civiles y Coordinadora del Titulo IX: Sandra Villarreal, (509) 488-2659, [email protected]
; y Coordinadora de la Seccion 504: Heidi Wagner, (509) 488-2659, [email protected]
Direccion: 1025 South 1st Avenue, Othello, WA 99344.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Lucy Fleishman
- 1025 S. 1st Avenue
- Othello, Washington 99344