Odyssey High School Coach (Head Coach, Asst. Coach)Current Openings
: Football, Softball, Track, VolleyballF.L.S.A.:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in chosen sport
- Possess effective communication skills
- Ability to work part-time, evenings and weekends during the sport season
- CPR and first aid certified
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Obtain NFHS certificate within 30 days of hire
- Obtain concussion awareness certification within 30 days of hire
Experience coaching at the high school or college level. Direct Report:
Athletic Director Terms of Employment:
Seasonal, Exempt Purpose:
Provides coaching and direction to student-athletes. Assists students in achieving a high level of skill and appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in respective sport. Conducts practices, motivates students and instructs student-athletes in game strategies and techniques. Essential Job Functions:
Behavior and Conduct:
- Attend work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercise.
- Assesses player's skills; monitors players during competition and practice.
- Determines the game strategy.
- Supervises assistant coaches (Applies to head coaches only).
- Supervises athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Models sportsmanship and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment rooms in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Adhere to financial policies in regards to collection and disbursements of money, expenses, and receipts.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students.
- Submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include senior night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with parents and community members.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
- Ensures the proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment, uniforms, and updated inventories are maintained.
- Maintain a safe environment and facilities for student-athletes at all times.
- Abide by AIA rules & regulations.
- Follows the direction of the Athletic Director and head coach if applicable.
- Other assigned duties.
All employees/coaches shall conduct themselves in a professional manner and shall exhibit and extend such professional conduct appropriate for the circumstances to those with whom they come into contact, both internally and externally during the performance of their duties. Examples of professional conduct include, but are not limited to, being communicative, informative, fair, honest, and respectful.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Contact Information
- Stephanie Crawford
- 411 N 4th Street
- Buckeye, Arizona 85326