APPLICATION FOR THE 2019-2020 School Year
Please complete this application to be considered for bus driver and bus aide positions.
Bus Driver/Aide opportunities offer great flexibility for those who desire part-time work (approximately 4.5 hours/day). and a full benefits package for part-time work.
Please note the following requirements which must be completed prior to being hired as a substitute driver or aide. Training:
Selected applicants will be offered training through Winchester Public Schools, which includes the following:
- Classroom Instruction - The next training date is to be determined.
- Behind-the-wheel instruction - Follows successful completion of classroom instruction.
- Obtain a CDL Learner's Permit prior to the start of classroom instruction. A permit with the following classification and endorsements is required prior to the start of Behind-the-wheel training:
- Class B
- Air Brakes - vehicle equipped with air brakes
- School Bus - S
- Passenger - P
- Submit current driving record that reflects the following:
- 0-5 safe driving points
- No DUI record within the past 5 years and no more than 2 moving violations within 1 year
- Successful completion of criminal record and background check
- Able to pass required school bus physical and pre-employment drug test
- Able to safely operate all busses in the WPS fleet
During training, the pay rate is $8.00 per hour. Upon completion of training requirements, starting pay is $14.28 per hour. For experienced drivers, credit will be given for prior school bus driving experience with confirmed documentation. The daily work schedule averages 4 ½ hours per day, as needed. Start Date
2020-2021 school year
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Sandy Shernick, HR Generalist
- 12 N Washington St
- Winchester, Virginia 22601