This position is for the 2020-2021 School Year. This posting will create a pool of applicants. As openings become available, these applications will be reviewed and considered for interview. RRPS will consider temporary, part-time and full-time positions. Minimum Qualifications:
Essential job responsibilities:
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Satisfied all requirements as set forth by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc.
- Licensure with the NM PED and Board of Examiners Licensure in New Mexico.
- Will need to file a signed statement of supervision by the Occupational Therapist who will be responsible for supervision.
- Evaluates referred students in the areas of neuromuscular, sensory processing, perceptual motor skills, postural reflexes, self-care and needs for adaptive devices and equipment. Works with all exceptionalities identified in accordance with state regulations. Participates in appropriate placement of students; develops and implements individual educational plans geared to the student's physical and psychosocial needs and facilitate the student's ability to function and adapt to the educational program.
- Maintains working relationship with classroom teachers and parents to assure follow through of therapy goals in classroom and home.
- Participates in meetings pertinent to the student's therapy needs.
- Provides consultative services to teachers and parents pertaining to occupational therapy maintains documentation of student performance and progress in reaching treatment goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work hours are established in employment contract. Additional work hours may be
required as scheduled by School Principal.Application Procedure:
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
Review salary information here. An Equal Opportunity Employer
- One (1) transcript from each crediting college or university
- Copy of Professional License
Job Categories: Special Education > OT Assistant
Student Services > OT Assistant Contact Information
- Vanessa Burge, Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124