Title of Position: SUBSTITUTE TeachersWork Year:
$85.00 per day ($90.00 per day if candidate has a BA); ($95 per day if candidate has a current, valid MA teaching License)
District pays additional bonus of $10 per day if a sub accepts assignments 30 days in a 45 day quarter.Organizational Relationshipor Line of Authority:
Directly responsible to the District Principal and Supervisors in areas of instruction and curriculum.Statement of Duties:
- Responsible for instructional and general classroom duties.
- Ability to follow a lesson plan and manage a class to maintain a safe and positive learning environment.
- Team teaching, interdisciplinary approach.
- Complies with all building procedures and school and district policies.
- Varies instruction to meet student learning needs when necessary.
- Provides guidance, communicates expectations, and shows an active interest in student progress.
- Works cooperatively with other staff.
- Respects personal privacy and maintains confidentiality with privileged information.
- Intervenes and/or reports to an administrator when necessary any concerning student behavior (e.g., profanity, teasing, bullying, distress, etc.).
- Willingness to participate in extra-curricular activities a plus.
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum of 2 years of college or an Associate's Degree. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Licensed by the State Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in Massachusetts preferred but not required.
- Some knowledge of curriculum in area of interest: Early Childhood, Elementary, or Secondary Education.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
It is the policy of the Marlborough Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its education programs, services, activities, or employment practices.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Equal Opportunity Employer
Marlborough Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Patricia Brown, Director of Human Resources
- 17 Washington Street
- Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752