SUBSTITUTE TEACHER GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
In the absence of the classroom teacher, the substitute is responsible for providing instruction and managing the learning environment. The position reports to the Director/Principal/FHRM.
• Sign in the front security office upon arrival at the school.
• Maintain the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
• Follow the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher.
• Interact in a professional manner with students and parents.
• Encourage, monitor, and promote student progress.
• Maintain student confidentiality.
• Assume the responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in the classroom, during lunch, activity periods, and out-of-class settings.
• Provide a brief report in writing on the day's activities at the conclusion of each day for the teacher.
• Work cooperatively with all school administration.
• Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
• Adhere to the established policies and regulations of the School Board.
• Perform other duties as required.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Instructional Support > Substitute: Teachers Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Heather Vereyken
- 2454 Altamahaw Union Ridge Road
- Burlington, North Carolina 27217