Library Aide Reports to:
Leavenworth High Shift:
8 hours/day; 40 hours/weekQualifications:
Purpose and Objectives of the Position:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the central office ( after employment offer is made).
- Ability to use keyboarding skills.
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
The Library Aide assists the Library Media Specialist in helping students and teachers make full use of the books, materials, and services of the school library program.Essential Functions:
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to assist in helping students and teachers make full use of the books, materials, and services of the school library program.
- Ability to ensure all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
- Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to operate all equipment appropriately as required.
- Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the district.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials; should be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and turning.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to assist in the supervision of students in the library.
- Ability to assist in preparing and presenting library skills lessons.
- Ability to assist in ordering books, non-book materials, equipment, and supplies for library.
- Ability to assist with computerized and physical inventory processing.
- Ability to supervise student checkout of books and materials.
- Ability to supervise teacher check-out of equipment, art supplies, and materials.
- Ability to monitor overdue books, and contact parents concerning return or payments.
- Ability to supervise hallway traffic in the library area.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with students, teachers, parents, community agencies, and other groups.
- Ability to observe and follow all school policies at all times.
- Ability to keep current on new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Ability to assist students and staff in using the library computers for word processing and Internet research.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner.
- Ability to keep student information and records confidential.
- Ability to implement and observe all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Ability to perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the librarian or administrative staff.
Employee shall meet all the pre-employment and yearly requirements as specified in the Policies of the Board of Education.Term of Employment
: At will.Salary:
$10.25/hr, with increases for experience and educationFLSA Status:
Non - Exempt; HourlyEvaluation:
Performance effectiveness will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board of Education Policy.
Job Categories: Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Laura Jacobs
- 200 N. 4th Street
- Leavenworth, Kansas 66048