Position is for the 2020-2021 School Year. This posting will create a pool of applicants. As openings become available, these applications will be reviewed and considered for interview. Minimum Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
CPR/First Aid Certificate
Minimum age of 18 years of ageEssential Job Responsibilities:
- Overseeing students and/or special education students over scheduled routes and/or to/from special excursions;
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and laws to maintain safety during transport
- Ensuring the safety of special education students during transport, loading and unloading from buses including correct usage of proper tie-down of medical equipment or student assistive devices.
- Maintain student ridership rosters
- Strive to develop and maintain good working relationships with students.
- Use of district-approved techniques to maintain order on bus and enforce school safety standards.
- Enforce school system's rules regarding student conduct on the bus.
- Are responsible for assisting drivers in preparation of weekly reports on number of students, trips or "runs", work hours, miles, and fuel consumption as required.
- Assisting the bus driver in maintaining the cleanliness of their assigned bus.
- Mandatory state training and on-going in-service classroom training to include state and local laws, regulations and policies, safe driving practices, driver-pupil relations, emergency evacuation procedures, special needs of students who are disabled or emotionally troubled.
- CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Carries out other tasks as assigned.
- Work hours will be in accordance with hours determined by the Director of Transportation.
The following documents must be attached for this application to be complete:
Review salary information here. An Equal Opportunity Employer
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate if applicable
Job Categories: Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Vanessa Burge, Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124