THIS POSTING IS FOR THE 2020-2021 School Year. PT TEMP HOURLY POSITIONSTUDENT SERVICES Special Education experience preferred.This posting will create a pool of applicants. As openings become available, these applications will be reviewed and considered for interview. Job Goal
To help supervise elementary-aged students in the before and after school enrichment program.Pay Grade:
- Any combination of college courses and/or one year experience working with children of various ages, preferably in a school setting and/or recreational setting.
- Preferred - Current Nonviolent Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Training
The Assistant supervises elementary students in a before and after school program and shall:
- Maintain a safe and structured environment during program hours;
- Meet with S.A.F.E. Program Coordinator on a daily, consistent basis;
- Attend all applicable meetings;
- Advise the S.A.F.E. Program Coordinator regarding regular program functions.
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures;
- Plan and facilitate enrichment activities such as gym games, music, arts and crafts activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the S.A.F.E. Program Coordinator;
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as school board and S.A.F.E policies;
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations;
- Employee may be assigned other duties based on the needs of the district during the term of employment.
Reports to: S.A.F.E. Program Coordinator / Director of Student Services
Supervised by: S.A.F.E. Program CoordinatorAccountability Procedures
The S.A.F.E Program Coordinator will assess the effectiveness of the S.A.F.E. Assistant with respect to the performance of specific responsibilities. Evaluation and/or reports will be presented to the Director of Student Services.Bargaining Status:
Work hours will be in accordance with hours determined by the school district and
the individual schools.Application Procedure:
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
1 Transcript from each Credentialing University or, if you have no college credits, a copy of your High School Diploma or GED Certificate. An Equal Opportunity Employer Contact Information
- Vanessa Burge, Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124