This posting is for the 2020-2021 School Year. PT TEMP HOURLY POSITIONStudent Services
This position is open to RRPS High School Students ONLY. This posting will create a pool of applicants. As openings become available, these applications will be reviewed and considered for interview. Pay Grade
: HourlyMinimum Qualifications
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Current Rio Rancho Public Schools high school student with a valid driver's license.
The Mentor shall:
- Assist with supervising elementary-aged students in the S.A.F.E. program;
- Maintain a safe and structured environment during program hours;
- Meet with S.A.F.E. Program Coordinator on a consistent basis;
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures;
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as school board and S.A.F.E policies.
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations;
- Employee may be assigned other duties based on the needs of the district during the term of employment.
Reports to: S.A.F.E. Program Coordinator / Director of Student Services
Evaluated by: S.A.F.E. Program CoordinatorAccountability Procedures
The S.A.F.E Coordinator will assess the effectiveness of the S.A.F.E. Mentor with respect to the performance of specific responsibilities. The Mentor's grades and school attendance will need to remain in good standing and will need to be provided regularly. Bargaining Status:
Work hours will be in accordance with hours determined by the school district and
the individual schools. An Equal Opportunity employer
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Teacher Mentor
Student Services > Teacher Mentor Contact Information
- Vanessa Burge, Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124