This position is for the 2020-2021 School Year. 250 day contract; 8 hour dayThis posting will create a pool of applicants. As openings become available, these applications will be reviewed and considered for interview. Minimum Qualifications
1 year custodial experience or equivalent. Preferred Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Skills Required
Good communications skills, both verbal and written.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Sweep, dust, mop, strip, wax, and polish hallways, offices, classrooms, stairways, and other internal and external space as assigned.
- Scrub and disinfect fountains, sinks, and sanitary closets.
- Vacuum and shampoo rugs and carpeting.
- Empty office, classroom, and other trash containers.
- Straighten classrooms and other assigned spaces for daily use.
- Set up rooms and other facilities for extracurricular events.
- Replace burned out bulbs and perform other such minor tasks
- Perform minor maintenance functions as necessary and as assigned.
- Maintain grounds and campus in the best working order and appearance.
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Custodial Supervisor, Custodial Foreman, School Principal and Custodial Coordinator. Employee may be assigned other duties based on the needs of the district during the term of employment.
Work hours will be in accordance with hours determined by the school district and
the individual schools within the parameters of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement. Accountability
Reports to: Custodian Foreman, School Principal, Custodial Coordinator
Evaluated by: Principal, Custodial CoordinatorEquipment, Tools, and Materials:
Brooms, mops, floor polishing machines, vacuum cleaners, carts, cleaning materials, cleaning solutions.Specialized Training:
Employees will require specialized training appropriate for the specific job duties.Application Procedures:
The following documents should be attached to complete this applicaiton if available:
Review salary information here. An Equal Opportunity Employer
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate (if applicable)
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Vanessa Burge, Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124