Provide "Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the team physician or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice act.
Qualifications Education: Must possess at least a bachelor's degree in a health-related field.
Experience: Certificate/License: Must be BOC certified and possess licensure, certification or registration from the state.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field
- BOC certification
- CPR certification
- Registered/Licensure in the State of South Carolina
- Sports performance experience
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate, effectively communicate, work independently
- Outstanding customer service
- Mobility, strength, visual and auditory acuity adequate for immediate response to athletes' needs
- Ability to pass background check
Physical Demands and Working Conditions Possible lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, stretching, and stooping. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to allow for suture or staple removal. Requires normal hearing and eyesight to allow for patient interaction and transfer of patient information from the patient to pen chart. Ability to handle high amounts of stress.
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic contests and away varsity football games. If a conflict arises between an away varsity football game and a home contest, the varsity football event will supersede.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for sports injuries treated by a physician.
- Schedule and be present for pre-participation sports physicals.
- Provide the coaches and athletic director with a list of athletes medically eligible to compete under district and state rules and regulations.
- Assist the athletic director as requested.
Athletic Training Services: The management and provision of care of injuries to a physically active person as defined in the state practice act with the direction of a licensed physician. The term includes the rendering of emergency care, development of injury prevention programs and providing appropriate preventative and devices for the physically active person. The term also includes the assessment, management, treatment, rehabilitation and recondition of the physically active person whose conditions are within the professional preparation and education of a certified athletic trainer. The term also includes the use of modalities such as mechanical stimulation, heat, cold, light, air, water, electricity, sound, massage and the use of therapeutic exercises, reconditioning exercise and fitness programs.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Trainer Contact Information
- Wendell Sumter
- 509 District Office Drive
- Chester, South Carolina 29706