1. Organizes and administers the team which he/she coaches underthesupervision of the Athletic
Director and building administration.
2. Collects all paperwork including physicals,parent permit form,and proof of insurance/residency from athletes prior to first practice.
3. Files a record of physicalexam for athletics withthe school nurse and is familiar with the medical history,restrictions,and special needs ofeach athlete on their team.
4. Attends all school and county/conference meetings.
5. Provides l adership in the selection ofteam members.
6. Provides assistance in the selection and evaluation of assi tant coaches and junior varsity coaches.
7. Assumes responsibility for the selection and training of all team managers,scorekeepers,timers, and statisticians.
8. Verifies the eligibility of each athlete in conjunction with the Athletic Director and designated administrator.
9. Submits a squad list to the athletic director for eligibility certification, 5 days prior to the first contest.
10. Assumes responsibility for.reporting all unsafe playing areas, bleachers, and equipment to the
Athletic Director, or building administrator.
11. Assists in developing and placing into operation the appropriate rules and regulations governing the conduct of athletic activities and contests.
12. Submits to the Athletic Director equipment needs.
13. Completes and submits to the Athletic Director an updated inventory of all equipment,supplies, and uniforms at the close of his/her season.
14. Assists the Athletic Director with the cleaning, care, and storage of athletic equipment for their team.
15. Assists,when requested,in the preparation of specifications for gymnasiums, athletic fields,and otherfacilities.
16. Assists in fostering good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the athletic program.
17. Provides,when appropriate, advertising,preccontest publicity,press coverage of contests,and post-contest reports to the media.
18. Completes accident reports and forwards thernto the Athletic Director arid school nurse.
19. Provides assistance in making proper preparation for the conduct of contests (playing fields, gymnasia,etc.).
20. Supervises team personnel at all times they are involved in the program. This includes team meetings, dressing before and after practices and contests, during practices and contests,and during and after transportation of team personnel to and from the contests.
21. Coaches are responsible forensuringthattheir practice area and game area are cleaned oftrash
after each session or game.
22. Coaches shall remain at the school until the last player has departed unless the coach has arranged for a faculty member to assume responsibility in his/her absence.
23. Completes officials' evaluations (rating cards) and submits them to the Athletic Director, as
24. Assists, when appropriate,in the promotion of student athletes' participation atthe collegiate level.
See the Updated Coach Vacancies list, on our web site under Current Job Openings, Substitutes/Other/Summer tab.
For questions regarding coaching please call 410-588-5276.
For assistance with your online application contact Recruitment and Staffing at 410-588-5238.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Equal Opportunity Employer
Harford County Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Human Resources Office
- 102 S. Hickory Avenue
- Bel Air, Maryland 21014
- Phone: 410-588-5238
- Fax: 410-588-5315
- Email: click here