POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional PAC Room FacilitatorQUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 48 Semester/72 Quarter college credit hours, Associate's degree, or successful completion of the Para Professional Assessment Test preferred.
• Demonstrated skills pertinent to positive human relations and the ability to work effectively with staff, students, parents and administration.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to use a computers, related technologies and e-mail.
• Experience working with high risk or at-risk elementary students.
• Experience working in a multicultural, urban community with diverse population.OTHER INFORMATION
Work Schedule: 183 days per year (10 month)
Salary Schedule: $12.54 per hour
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day, Monday - FridayRESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in PAC training procedures and attend scheduled meetings/in-services.
• Record data for factual documentation, accountability and evaluation purposes.
• Carry out an integral part of Excels Plus which deals with PAC rooms.
• Maintain a caring and instructional climate by providing students with a positive neutral environment to learn responsibility.
• Employ re-teaching opportunities with a variety of prevention and intervention strategies.
• Build confidence in the student's ability to apply skills they have learned to real life situations by accepting logical consequences, providing students time to evaluate problem solving strategies and assisting students with realistic goals to develop a productive plan for success.
• Communicate with PAC program administrator/trainers, principal, staff, students and parents.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Welcome to Omaha Public Schools!
WHY OMAHA? Omaha, nestled in the central mid-west has a strong and vibrant business community and the city is home to five Fortune 500 companies. In 2008, Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine named Omaha the nation's third best city to live, work and play. One voice united for strong economic growth, new jobs and investment, and widespread prosperity throughout Greater Omaha. GET TO KNOW GREATER OMAHA Welcome to a proud, progressive and vibrant metropolitan area, a nine-county region that is future-focused but firmly rooted in a heritage of hard work and hospitality. Anchored by the city of Omaha and its more than 419,000 people, the Greater Omaha region (Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders and Washington counties in Nebraska, and Harrison, Mills and Pottawattamie counties in Iowa) boasts a combined population of more than 925,000 and a set of attributes that allows businesses large and small to thrive! Consider our top 10 reasons Greater Omaha is right for your business and you! 1.Lower cost of doing business 2.Available, reliable utilities 3.Educated, motivated and affordable workforce 4.Save on real estate costs 5.Lower cost of living 6.Omaha is the hub of the nation's fiber connectivity 7.Pro-business climate 8.Strategic, central location 9.Stable, healthy economy 10.Business incentives that reward performance Take a look at what Omaha has to offer! Learn more about us...Contact Information
- OPS Human Resources
- 3215 Cuming Street
- Omaha, Nebraska 68131-2021