Catlin Gabel School has opportunities for Substitute Mandarin Teachers throughtout our Lower, Middle and Upper Schools.
Substitute teachers work on an as-needed basis to cover teacher or teacher assistant positions. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Appreciate children and have an understanding of stages of child development.
• Positively establish, manage and maintain classroom behavior expectations.
• Ability to support students' capacity to think critically, to infer, experiment and question using student-centered, experiential, and differentiated methods.
• Ability to successfully implement lesson plans and follow routines as described by the permanent teacher.
• Cooperate in school-wide supervision of student and ensure children's safety.
• Masters or Bachelor's degree in Education or Elementary/Early Childhood Education preferable
• At least 2 years experience teaching early childhood and/or elementary school-age children, and other age groups
Candidates offered a position must be able to pass a background check through Oregon Child Care Division and Oregon Department of Education. Candidates offered a position must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.Catlin Gabel School seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Contact Information
- Linda Yoesel, Director of Human Reosurces
- 8825 SW Barnes Rd.
- Portland, Oregon 97225