IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Due to the potential economic impact of the current pandemic, this position has been placed on hold. Regretfully, we are unable to move forward with hiring at this time. All applicant materials will be saved and applicants will be notified if/when this position reopens. Equity and Inclusion Coach Pool
2020-2021 School Year Hours:
- Prescott Elementary School
- Russell Elementary School
- Sacramento Elementary School
- Shaver Elementary School
- Parkrose Middle School
40 hours per weekDays:
191 days per year
Deadline: Open Until Filled; Applications received by March 31, 2020 will be given first consideration.Overview:
The Coach advocates for, facilitates, and supports the work of the teacher, but never performs supervisory evaluations. Coaches are in place for the purpose of supporting ongoing, embedded, and relevant professional development for teachers.Job Requirements
- A valid Oregon teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement from the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) is required upon hiring. It is the employee's responsibility to maintain their license and acquire the necessary credits to renew.
- If the posted position is within the CORE academic area, you must be designated as highly qualified by both TSPC and the State of Oregon to teach the CORE subject.
- Ability to prepare effectively for class
- Ability to develop and communicate appropriate grading standards to students
- Maintain positive interpersonal relationships
- Document student progress
- Knowledge of age-appropriate teaching methods, state curriculum framework, education code, appropriate instructional subjects.
- Multicultural Competency
- Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies
- Sheltered Instruction/SIOP
- Differentiated Instruction
- Professional Learning Communities
- Experience working with diverse student populations preferred
The Assistant Director of Teaching and Learning and are responsible to building principals
Parkrose School District affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity/expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing diversity and our values of creating an inclusive learning environment. We are particularly interested in applications from traditionally underrepresented groups in education.
For a full job posting please see https://www.parkrose.k12.or.us/jobs
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Contact Information
- Mary King, Administrative Assistant
- 10636 NE Prescott Ave
- Portland, Oregon 97220