On-Call Substitute Custodian
Supervisor: Maintenance and Transportation Supervisor
Association: Coupeville Educational Support AssociationGeneral Description
: This individual may be required to perform general custodial work, groundskeeping and field maintenance and preparation tasks, and/or general maintenance of district facilities and equipment as directed by the maintenance supervisor. The schedule for the position may vary by season.Essential Job Functions
: Responsibilities may include:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Clean assigned ares of use at the end of a school day to prepare for use the following day and lock appropriate areas prior to leaving;
- Keep tools and equipment clean and in good repair for efficient operation;
- Practic appropriate safety procedures while working;
- Clean entryways and outside door areas, including mats, as necessary;
- Work with school principals to control litter inside and outside the schools.
- Move furniture, deep cleaning during school breaks, assisting other maintenance department staff with custodial and/or maintenance tasks;
- Unlock facilities for scheduled public use, and ensuring facilities are secured/locked;
- Respond to emergencies as directed by the supervisor;
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Working knowledge of custodial, maintenance, and groundskeeping tasks, plumbing and electrical fixtures, painting techniques, equipment repair, and safety practices.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to chest height and push/pull 60 pounds;
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid Washington State driver's license.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Lifts and carries 50 pounds to chest height and pushes/pulls 60 pounds.
- Climbs ladders and stairs to rooftops and other remote areas.
- Stands for long periods of time.
- Crawls, bends, kneels, reaches and stoops throughout the day performing varied tasks.
- Uses fingers, hands and arms, to climb ladders and operate motorized vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Works outdoors, exposed to all kinds of weather.
- Works with equipment requiring sound moderation, must be able to tolerate occasional loud noises.
- Exposed to fumes, odors, dust, and hazards related to job responsibilities.
This job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work to be performed by someone in this position. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Application Procedure:
Apply online at http://coupeville.k12.wa.us/staff-jobs/
Current employees apply as Internal Applicant
All others apply as External Applicant
Coupeville School District complies with all federal rules and regulations and commits itself to a policy of nondiscrimination in all operations of the district. No person shall be discriminated against because of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance procedures may be directed to the district's Title IX Officer, Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator and/or Section 504 Coordinator. 501 South Main Street, Coupeville WA 98239
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Denise Mehal
- 2 South Main Street
- Coupeville, Washington 98239