This position is posted to create a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available. TitleTitle Code
Temporary Substitute Food Services Worker I
Food and Nutrition Services
tempReports To (title only)Current as of
Principal/Food Services Specialist
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Performs duties involved in the preparation and serving of a variety of food and in the cleaning of equipment and facilities. Nature of work involves performing tasks requiring continuous standing, sustained walking, stooping, pushing, carrying, bending, lifting and some exposure to chemical solutions/solvents, minor injury hazards and periods of temperature extremes. Employee must be capable of performing any and all of the listed duties, individually or independently which may vary based upon their work location/assignment and available staffing.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Adheres to all U.S.D.A. guidelines established for the Child Nutrition Program and all AACPS policies and procedures and division memoranda.
2. Prepares or assists in the preparation of a variety of foods.
3. Assures that standardized recipes, portion controls and procedures using leftovers are followed.
4. Arranges serving lines with foods, beverages, serving utensils and other items. Replenishes all items during meal service.
5. Serves food to students and adults, maintaining correct portioning and high food quality standards. Plates meals only as customer is served.
6. Maintains daily food and milk inventories.
7. Participates in approved cleaning and safety practices to insure that sanitary and safe conditions are maintained. Adheres to sanitation standards as outlined in COMAR.
8. Operates all kitchen equipment as instructed.
9. Stores food and supplies in accordance with instructions and assists in taking inventory.
10. Performs cashier duties, accounts for all meals served, and completes necessary records, as assigned.
11. Records information accurately, as assigned.
12. Attends in-service meetings.
13. Performs all work responsibilities utilizing appropriate safety practices.
14. Performs other related duties.Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .Education
• High school diploma or equivalency is desirable, but not required.Experience
• Food service experience preferred, but not required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High school diploma or equivalency is desirable, but not required.
• Food service experience preferred, but not required.
• Demonstrates sound decision making and problem solving techniques.
• Ability to maintain harmonious relations with other employees, students, school staff, and volunteers.
• Ability to learn prescribed food preparation methods and school cafeteria operations.
• Ability to perform work requiring sustained physical effort, lifting objects independently, and continuous standing.
• Ability to perform work requiring periods of temperature extremes.
• Ability to complete all tasks despite frequent interruptions, and with limited supervision.
• Ability to accept changes in responsibilities and incorporate new goals into the kitchen operation.
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
• To be in good health.
• Satisfactory score on any test required.Licenses/Certifications
• N/ACareer Ladder Requirements
• N/APhysical Requirements
• As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.Established: 8/1/1976
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Food Service Welcome to Anne Arundel County Public Schools!
Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) provides a challenging and rewarding educational experience for every child. We offer a comprehensive system-wide multicultural curriculum from kindergarten through 12th grade. At every level, the focus is on success for every student. Quality instruction, combined with teacher commitment, provides excellence in our instructional programs. Explore career opportunities with a progressive school system dedicated to providing the very best services to our students, our educators, and our community. Located on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay, Anne Arundel County is conveniently located near the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is home to the state capitol, Annapolis, which has a rich historical past. Notable landmarks include the United State Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade, the National Security Agency, and Baltimore Washington International Airport. The county encompasses urban, suburban, and rural areas, with 432 miles of tidal shoreline. Fine dining, state parks, major cultural attractions, the best in entertainment and professional sports are within easy access to our central location.
AACPS offers: Competitive Salary and Benefits Outstanding Right Start Mentor Program for New Teachers Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education Opportunities for Advancement in the Education Field Exemplary Special Education Programs Rigorous Advanced Placement Coursework for Students Learn more about us... Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 2644 Riva Road
- Annapolis, Maryland 21401
- Phone: 410-222-5061
- Fax: 443-458-0134
- Email: click here