JOB TITLE: Custodian - On Call Substitute Custodial substitutes will work at all sites with varying hours - reliable transportation needed. Must be able to respond on short notice to cover unscheduled employee absences.Job Summary:
The job of "Substitute Custodian" is done for the purpose/s of maintaining an attractive, sanitary and safe facility; providing adequate arrangements for meetings, classroom activities and events; and minimizing property damage, loss and liability exposure.Essential Job Functions:
• Cleans school facilities (i.e. classrooms, offices, multipurpose rooms, bio-hazards, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
• Arranges furnishings and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for meetings, classroom activities and events.
• Makes limited deliveries of a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing the materials to the appropriate parties.
• Informs the route custodian or other appropriate supervisor for the purpose of providing information regarding activities, safety, scheduling, energy conservation and/or proper maintenance of facilities.
• Assists in the securing of facilities and grounds for the purpose of minimizing property damage, loss and liability and ensuring safety at work site.
• Ensures the proper use and storage of materials, supplies and equipment for the purpose of maintaining a safe educational and work environment.
• Reports for duty as required in the event of an emergency school closure for the purpose of minimizing property damage, loss and liability at work site.Other Job Functions:
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.Qualifications:
• Experience Required:
Prior job related experience or equivalent experience leading to the ability to be trained for this position.
• Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skills to use cleaning agents; supplies and equipment; perform basic math to calculate accurate dilution of cleaning agents.
Knowledge of methods and use of cleaning materials, equipment, and supplies, safe work practices.
Abilities to stand for prolonged periods, follow oral and written instructions, adhere to safe work practices, work independently with minimal supervision, perform a variety of tasks, adjust to flexible assignments often with short notice, and communicate with students, staff and parents. Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling, stooping, reaching/handling, near/far visual acuity/depth perception.
• Education Required:
High School diploma or equivalent.
• Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required
Oregon Fingerprint and Criminal Check clearance.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Jill Hunter, HR Specialist
- 1204 NE 201ST AVE
- Fairview, Oregon 97024