1. Must be at least 18 years of age; proof of high school graduation/GED equivalent required. Some college hours preferred.
2. Two (2) years of experience preferred in a state regulated child care setting.
3. Physically able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
4. Flexible and able to adjust daily routine or work schedule based on the needs of the children and the center.
5. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children, parents, co-workers, and supervisors.
6. Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude.
7. Knowledge of Texas Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers preferred.
8. Available occasional nights and weekends as required for scheduled meetings or trainings.
9. Must have:
a. 48 hours of college credits OR
b. Associates or higher degree OR
c. Competency on the CFISD proficiency tests (score of 70 or above on both parts). REQUIREMENTS:
9. (a & b) If you meet college requirements please upload your transcript(s) at the time of application. An official copy will be required at the time of hire.
9. (c) If you do not meet the college requirements please register for the paraprofessional proficiency test by clicking on the link below and going to Step 4.http://www.cfisd.net/en/job-seekers/career-opportunities/para/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
$20,520 - IP2
Salary Range (based on experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in the implementation of daily activity plans and center events, including assisting the ELC instructor in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
2. Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the instructor; work with individual learners or small groups.
3. Support a positive classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of young learners.
4. Utilize age appropriate strategies to manage the behavior of young learners in accordance with district and department policies and guidelines, as well as the Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers.
5. Supervise children in all programming areas.
6. Assist the ELC Instructor in the completion of all necessary paperwork for communication with the parents of the center.
7. Provide regular, on-going communication to the ELC Director and ELC Instructor.
8. Establish and maintain professional relationships and open communication with parents, children, colleagues, and community members.
9. Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom, including supporting the cleanliness of the center and sanitizing center supplies.
10.Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills and meet the yearly training requirements as outlined in the Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers.
11.Comply with state, district and department regulations and policies pertaining to the role of an ELC Aide.
12.Attend and participate in staff and department meetings, as required.
13.Assist in directing the work of substitutes, if assigned.
14.Assist children with physical needs and personal care, including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
15.Adhere to all Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers.
17.Provide quality customer service to children, parents, staff and all other stakeholders.
18.Perform any and all other duties deemed necessary by the ELC Director, the Assistant Director of Community Programs or the Director of Community Programs.
19.Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Frequent light lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling (less than 15 pounds); occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
Environment: Work inside and outside, regular exposure to noise and the elements
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stressAPPLICATION INFORMATION:
E-mail: [email protected]DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications accepted year round
Applying for this posting places your name in a pool of applicants who wish to be considered for an Aide, Early Learning Center position as they become available in the district
Applications will be reviewed however, Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information