1. Proof of high school graduation/GED equivalent.
2. Experience working with children preferred.
3. Flexible and able to adjust daily routine.
4. Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude.
6. Physically able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
7. Must have:
a. 48 hours of college credits OR
b. Associates or higher degree OR
c. Competency on the CFISD proficiency tests (score of 70 or above on both parts). REQUIREMENTS:
7. (a & b) If you meet college requirements please upload your transcript(s) at the time of application. An official copy will be required at the time of hire.
7. (c) If you do not meet the college requirements please register for the paraprofessional proficiency test by clicking on the link below and going to Step 4.http://www.cfisd.net/en/job-seekers/career-opportunities/para/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
$19,478 - IP2
Salary Range (based on experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct state mandated screening including height, weight, vision, hearing, spinal and acanthosis nigricans and document results on student electronic medical records.
2. Document daily clinic visits, immunization information and other medical data in student electronic medical records.
3. Complete accident forms on campus S:drive for any accident requiring medical attention.
4. Compile information for semester clinic reports and annual state reports for screening and immunization compliance.
5. Assist the campus nurse with clinical procedures delegated by the campus nurse or assigned by the campus principal.
6. Provide first aid to ill and injured students.
7. Assist school nurse to maintain a clean and well organized clinic.
8. Manage the clinic independently when a campus nurse is unavailable.
9. Attend training or staff meetings as assigned by Health Services or campus principal to improve job performance.
10. Report to assigned campus according to district employee hours set for that campus and maintain reliable and regular attendance.
11. Notify Health Services of unplanned absences.
12. Submit personal business day request to Health Services in accordance with CFISD policy.
13. Perform other related duties or functions as assigned by the director of health services, campus principal, or supervising campus nurse.
14. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.APPLICATION INFORMATION:
E-mail: [email protected]DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications accepted year round
Applying for this posting places your name in a pool of applicants who wish to be considered for a Clinic Assistant position as they become available in the district
Applications will be reviewed however, Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information