1. Proof of High school graduation/GED equivalent.
2. Experience working with children. Experience with teaching and performing with color guard equipment.
3. Flexible and able to adjust daily routine; ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
4. Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude.
6. Physically able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
187 days = 173 half days and 14 full days for staff developmentSALARY/PAYGRADE:
$10,468 - IP2
Salary Range (based on experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist band director with preparing and teaching color guard routines and marching drill.
2. Help with administration of band and color guard program.
3. Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
4. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of guard equipment and uniforms.
5. Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
6. Conduct instructional exercise assigned by the band directors; work with individual students or small groups.
7. Help supervise students both during the school day and outside of school hours as assigned.
8. Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
9. Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
10. Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
11. Maintain reliable and regular attendance.
12. Assist in recruiting color guard members.
13. Attend extra practices, performances, contests, and games as assigned.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the director, principal or other school personnel supervisor.WORKING CONDITIONS:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment used: personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; Posture: prolonged standing; Motion: frequent walking; Lifting: regular moderate lifting and carrying (50 lbs); may lift and move equipment; frequent exposure to sun, heat, cold and be expected to work outside; frequent exposure to noise; Mental Demands: maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours; frequent travel and frequent travel by school bus. APPLICATION INFORMATION:
E-mail: [email protected]DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications accepted year round
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information