1. Must be at least 18 years of age; must have proof of high school graduation/GED equivalent.
2. Two (2) years' experience preferred in a state regulated childcare setting.
3. Maintain confidentiality.
4. Physically able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
5. Patient, caring, and loving.
6. Flexible; be able to adjust daily routine in a moment's notice.
7. Willing to use personal transportation to drive from one school to another to cover employee absences (mileage is reimbursed).
8. Be willing and able to participate in off-contract staff development, as required by childcare licensing.
9. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with students, parents, co-workers, and supervisors.
10. Demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance.
11. Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
12. Knowledge of Texas Department of Family & Protective Services standards preferred.
13. Be available for pre-service training in First Aid, CPR, and childcare work-study classes.
14. Support philosophy of Teen Pregnancy/Parenting Program.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
$17,385 - IP1
Salary Range (based on experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist and supervise children (ages 6 weeks to age 4) during all activities.
2. Develop, plan, and prepare classroom activities in accordance with policies and philosophy of the program.
3. Gear activities to the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, special needs, special talents, and individual style.
4. Physically arrange the classroom into well-defined interest areas.
5. Ensure that the appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of the classroom are appropriately maintained.
6. Ensure that all classroom/outdoor equipment is in good working condition and is used and maintained properly.
7. Complete all center/classroom paperwork (e.g., daily notes, student accident reports, medication authorizations, and attendance records).
8. Communicate appropriate information to families.
9. Assist with activities in classroom to ensure that the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
10.Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.APPLICATION INFORMATION:
E-mail: [email protected]DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications accepted year round
Applying for this posting places your name in a pool of applicants who wish to be considered for a High School Child Care Aide position as they become available in the district
Applications will be reviewed however, Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information