1. Proof of high school graduation/GED equivalent.
2. Experience working with children preferred.
3. Flexible and able to adjust daily routine.
4. Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude.
6. Physically able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
7. Must have:
a. 48 hours of college credits OR
b. Associates or higher degree OR
c. Competency on the CFISD proficiency tests (score of 70 or above on both parts). REQUIREMENTS:
7. (a & b) If you meet college requirements please upload your transcript(s) at the time of application. An official copy will be required at the time of hire.
7. (c) If you do not meet the college requirements please register for the paraprofessional proficiency test by clicking on the link below and going to Step 4.http://www.cfisd.net/en/job-seekers/career-opportunities/para/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
$19,478 - IP 2
Salary Range (based on experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2019-2020
- Adaptive Behavior aides + $1,000 stipend
- Life Skills aides + $2,000 stipend
- PPCD aides (Preschool Program for Children with Disablilties) + $1,000 stipend
- Resource/in-class support aides
1. Help teacher prepare and adapt instructional materials and classroom displays.
2. Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
3. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment, books, and supplies.
4. Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
5. Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
6. Assist students with disabilities according to their needs, including transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning.
7. Assist students with physical needs and personal care, including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
8. Help manage behavior of students. This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student behavior as needed.
9. Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student's special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
10.Work with individual students or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
11.Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside the classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, playground duty, and travel to on-the-job training.
12.Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
13.May drive bus to and from on the job training and other activities (High school Life Skills only).
15.Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
16.Perform other duties as assigned by the teacher, principal, or other school personnel supervisor.
17.Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.APPLICATION INFORMATION:
E-mail: [email protected]DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Applications accepted year round
Applying for this posting places your name in a pool of applicants who wish to be considered for a Resource Aide position as they become available in the district
Applications will be reviewed however, Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information