Reports To: Building Principal/Special Education Coordinator
Supervises: Students under direct or inderect control
Job Goal: To provide instruction that focuses on the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of students
Evaluation: The performance of the teacher shall be evaluted by the building principal or Special Education Coordinator
In addition to the Classroom Teacher Job Description:
1. Confers with appropriate classroom teachers to discuss curricular modifications/adaptations necessary for students with special needs to have access and opportunities to make forward progress in the general education curriculum.
2. Prepares written reports regarding the nature of the concerns, pertinent information, assessment results, special recommendations and development/maintenance of IEP's.
3. Provides parents with quarterly updates of students' goals and objectives.
4. Provides in-service training for staff members as appropriate.
5. Collects data by benchmarking and progress monitoring students assigned to caseload.
6. Communicates on a regular basis with parents.
7. Participates in IEP meetins as required.
8. Supervises support staff as applicable.
9. Assumes all of the responsibilities of a co-teacher when appropriate.
10. Other reasonable duties as assigned by the Special Education Coordinator and/or Principal.
Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Chales Stegall
- 650 W. Guertin St
- St. Anne, Illinois 60964