About the School
Ashbrook Independent School is a secular, private, coeducational institution whose mission is to "Challenge and Nurture Academically Capable Students". The school includes a preschool, an elementary school, and a middle school.
Ashbrook Independent School believes that educational excellence occurs when a combination of outstanding teachers, a clearly-defined curriculum with an emphasis on the arts and sciences, small classes, motivated students, and a well- equipped learning environment co-exist. When these factors are in place, students learn not only the joy of discovery, but also traditional values such as courtesy, enterprise, self mastery, and the importance of personal responsibility. Our programs support the Jeffersonian ideal of free citizens interacting voluntarily for the common good. Our hope is that in habits of mind an Ashbrook graduate will be ready for the twenty-first century: open-minded and curious, yet able to evaluate ideas critically.
Ashbrook's educators continue to nourish children's joy of discovery and passion for learning and to provide for all children's social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and moral growth. Specifically for younger children, it is important to give special attention to the mastery of those basic skills and concepts that are the foundation of all future learning. As children grow older, they enter a period in their educational experience where they experience a variety of significant changes, both individually and collectively. The range of academic ability and physical and emotional development becomes wide.
For additional information on the history of Ashbrook and its programs, please go to our website at www.ashbrookschool.org. Job Summary
The Assistant Custodian will be an enthusiastic and organized team member of the Ashbrook Operations Team by supporting the Head Custodian with facility cleaning and maintenance. The Assistant Custodian will promote the School's Mission and function under the direction of the Principal as a contributing member of the overall school community. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Custodian will:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Embody, manifest, and advocate for the mission of the school.
- Work toward goals collaboratively set by the Board and Head of School/Principal.
- Deliver excellent customer service to diverse audiences.
- Maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Represent the school to all of its constituents including to the community, parents, students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
- Assist with the safety, conduct, and general welfare of students and employees on site.
- Arrive to work and designated school functions on time and maintain regular job attendance.
- Serve as part of Ashbrook's operational team.
The Custodian will:
- The Assistant Custodian will:
- Work with the staff and students to maintain a safe school environment.
- Ensure facility operation is in compliance with building codes, health regulations, including implementing safety measures and state and federal regulations.
- Work closely as a valuable member of the Operations Team to maintain the safety and upkeep of the general facility.
- Collaborate with Facilities Coordinator and Head Custodian to plan projects, schedule work, and determine tasks.
- Complete daily, weekly, and as needed cleaning duties:
- Empty trash and recycling containers
- Mop and disinfect floors; vacuum all carpeted areas
- Clean and disinfect sinks, mirrors, toilet bowls-seats, urinals, & pipes; resupply hand soap, paper towel, & tissue supplies
- Spot clean walls, doors and baseboards; dust all ledges
- Repair fixtures and hardware as needed or upon request.
- Works with Development Coordinator for set up and clean-up of school events and rental contracts.
- Assist with grounds maintenance by mowing fields and completing minor landscaping duties.
- Complete other cleaning and/or maintenance duties as assigned.
- Training and/or certification/degree in area related to facilities maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience with cleaning and maintenance in a large facility.
- PREFERRED : Knowledge and experience with cleaning and maintenance at a school.
Hourly wage rate will be determined based on experience level.
Base salary starts at $13 per hour.
This is a part-time late afternoon to evening position with 20 hours a week during the school year and possible daytime hours during the winter, spring and summer breaks.
There may be occasional evening/weekend hours for contracted events at the school for additional wages beyond the base 20 hour weekly schedule. Start date: As soon as hired.Apply
Your application should include a current resume, cover letter, and professional references.
Position open until filled.
The cover letter should clearly articulate how you meet the qualifications of the position.
Ashbrook Independent School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Position Type: Part-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Categories: Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance Contact Information
- Kristina Wonderly
- 4045 SW Research Way
- Corvallis, Oregon 97333
- Phone: 541-766-8313
- Fax: 5417661066
- Email: click here