RSM is one of the most successful after-school math programs for K-12 students in North America. The technology department is key in supporting RSM's growth objectives by ensuring consistent quality of math education through multiple proprietary cloud-based information systems. They include:
- Content Management System (CMS) specialized in authoring and managing math curriculum and problems (along with their answers, step-by-step solutions, and hints to appropriately support them along the way). In addition, it allows students to work on their tasks online. Data about student results are analyzed to help teachers guide students on their journey.
- Student Information System (SIS) supports staff and parents in managing all stages of student engagement at RSM.
- Virtual Classroom (VCR) enables RSM's fastest-growing branch called RSM Online and allows teachers to work with small geographically distributed classes.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, hands-on Front-End Developer to join our Technology team. The Successful candidates are:
- Proficient in all phases of software development life cycle (including requirements management, planning, source code management, configuration and CI/CD tools; GitLab, Ansible preferred)
- Proficient in cloud-based architecture and deployment (preferably AWS)
- Experienced with test automation, knowledge of unit/integration/functional, and load testing tools
- Passionate about quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Possess intellectual curiosity and creative thinking
- Proficient with HTML5, CSS3, SASS and other common Web standards
- Solid knowledge of ES6, Typescript and Object Oriented Design
- Working experience building single page applications with modern JS frameworks, such as Angular, React, etc. Angular experience a plus
- Good understanding of visual design and usability principles
- Experience integrating with REST and/or GraphQL web services.
- Knowledge of Node.js, Express and related server side technologies a plus
RSM's unique approach develops critical thinking and has built excellence in math since 1997. Recently featured by NPR and the Atlantic magazine as one of the players in the "Math Revolution" and ranked one of the best schools in the world by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, RSM helps children of all levels build a solid math foundation and develop their critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. For nearly two decades, RSM students have consistently achieved remarkable scores on standardized tests and in national and international math competitions, although attaining top test scores is just one of the benefits of our program. RSM helps students of all levels become more confident in math and develop a deeper understanding of the subject.Contact Information