Position Status: Tier 1Benefited
8 Daily HoursSalary Range A
Proof of MMR Immunization and Hepatitis B Clearance
Three (3) Professional ReferencesParaprofessional
The job of Language Testers is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program with specific responsibilities for assisting in the assessment process of students referred with special needs; documenting information on student's proficiency in English or academic skills; and ensuring compliance with legal and administrative requirements. This job reports to Assessment CoordinatorEssential Functions
- Administers the AZELLA test to referred students (e.g. assessing proficiency in English skills, etc.) for the purpose of assisting teacher, and other professionals in determining class placement and/or program eligibility.
- Inputs test scores into state data program for the purpose of providing information to others in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Interprets verbal and written communication of non-English speaking students and parents for the purpose of assisting in communication with teachers and other school personnel.
- Maintains a variety of confidential and non-confidential manual and electronic files and records (e.g. student log, CUMS, etc.) for the purpose of providing up to date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Schedules student tests for the purpose of evaluating students in accordance with state requirements.
- Scores tests for the purpose of delivering testing services in compliance with established guidelines.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications; presenting information; applying assessment instruments; preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather and/or collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: meeting deadlines and schedules; maintaining security and confidentiality.Responsibility
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; operating within a defined budget. utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization's services.Working Environment
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 30% sitting, 50% walking, and 20% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and in a clean atmosphere.
Experience Job related experience is required.
Education Community college and/or vocational school degree with study in job-related area preferred.
Equivalency Required Testing Certificates Continuing Educ./Training : Maintains Certificates and/or Licenses Clearances : Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Range
Non Exempt A (12.00)Contact Information
- Luciano Munoz
- 450 W 6TH ST
- Yuma, Arizona 853642973