Bethel School District is seeking qualified applicants for a temporary 4-6 hour per week grant-funded after school Digital Media and Arts class instructor for middle school students at Cascade Middle School.
Bethel Schools are committed to creating safe, caring, mutually respectful environments where all students are honored and valued for their diverse cultural backgrounds, strengths and abilities in every instructional practice and school activity to support academic achievement and student success.Nature of Work
The Digital Media and Arts Course Instructor will lead a class of 20-25 8 th grade students three days per week after school for the third trimester (12 weeks). Approximate time commitment is 4 - 6 hours per week. A curriculum is in place and state-of-the-art computers and cameras are provided for the course.Job Duties
These duties are illustrative only. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan for and follow with fidelity the curriculum implementation guide
- Facilitate use of tablets and cameras to create visual arts and digital arts products
- Employ strong instructional strategies while teaching
- Ensure all students have equal access to the curriculum, equipment and production
- Maintain a safe and clean learning and working environment for students and staff
- Work effectively with interns to provide a positive and engaging learning experience for students
- Knowledge of educational programs offered in all schools and of basic educational techniques, as required by the position.
- Knowledge of the basic developmental stages of a child's learning process.
- Ability to schedule the workload and meet the needs of the program.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare materials for lesson plans.
- Ability to interact positively with children and adults, and observe individual student abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, administrators, parents and co-workers.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse settings.
- Ability to learn safe lifting and proper physical positioning techniques.
- Ability to safely and proficiently operate equipment and technology, as required by the position.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate and legal level of confidentiality regarding students, staff, and other individuals.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable and prompt attendance.
Valid Driver's License.
Any combination of experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work.
Must be able to pass Oregon Department of Education Fingerprint Background Check
For information regarding this position, please email Ry Robinson
, Principal at Cascade Middle School.
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
This is a temporary position and the hours are not part of determining benefit levels for instructors, nor does the position include benefits. This position provides for a stipend of $1,200. CLOSING DATE
: Open until filled Bethel School District 52 complies with provisions of the various civil rights laws, such as the Fair Employment Practices Act, Title IX regulations, and Section 504 of PL93.112 in employment and educational programs and activities. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT The Bethel School District, an equal opportunity employer, complies with provisions of the various civil rights laws, such as the Fair Employment Practice Act, Title IX Regulations and Section 504 of PL 93.112 in employment and educational programs and activities.The District is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act amendments of 1989.Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact Remie Calalang, Human Resources Director, at (541) 689-3280 for additional information or assistance. POSITION AVAILABLE PLEASE POST IMMEDIATELY
4640 Barger Drive, Eugene, OR 97402 l Phone: (541) 689-3280 l Fax: (541) 689-0719 l www.bethel.k12.or.us
Job Category: Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist Contact Information
- Jill Busby, Board Secretary
- 4640 Barger Drive
- Eugene, Oregon 97402