The Isaac Academic Coach is a master teacher who works collaboratively with instructional staff to implement research-based programs and strategies aligned with the district and school improvement plans. The focus of the coach is to develop a teacher centered system of support that facilitates the transfer of Scientifically Based Research (SBR) into classroom practice. The goal of the coach is to build teacher capacity in the use of effective instruction by providing ongoing coaching in the implementation of the district curriculum and instructional programs . QUALIFICATIONS :
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and a valid AZ teacher's certificate.
- Masters or endorsement in the area(s) of position focus (e.g.: reading or math) with SBR knowledge base preferred
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Developmental instructional strategies, programs, materials for grades K-8
- Assessing, collecting data and diagnosing needs
- Delivering and evaluating interventions
- Scientifically Based Research and Programs
- Experience with cognitive coaching, peer coaching, and/or mentoring, Coach for Success
- Skilled at collaboration
- Experience in providing professional development to large groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with diverse populations (English Language Learners (ELLs), Special Education)
- Ability to work collaborating with all staff
- Middle School Science preferred
Coaching and Communication
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of scientifically based instructional research
- Understands the purpose and specifics of core academic programs, supplemental, and intervention programs and serves as a guide to the instructional staff to effectively use these programs.
- Models direct, explicit systematic instruction that is aligned with SBR.
- Understands and interprets assessment data, both formal and informal, to inform instructional decisions.
- Collaborates with each teacher (e.g. classroom, special education, ELL) at least twice a month providing in-class support through modeling, team teaching and/or observing and collecting data.
- Observes and monitors instruction and provides teachers with essential feedback.
- Supports the use of effective instruction based on analysis of various types of data.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Understands and applies knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Demonstrates leadership in the ongoing decision making process for implementing curriculum.
- Supports the professional development of teachers through mentoring and coaching.
- Supports the site level professional development plan through facilitation and/or participation at in-services, grade level team meetings, and staff meetings.
- Participates as an essential contributing member of the Leadership Team.
- Meets and collaborates regularly with the site principal regarding progress of the school improvement plan.
Academic Coach (Other Certified) Salary Schedule and Full BenefitsTERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
9 monthsOPENING/CLOSING DATE:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED Contingent upon available funds.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATION AMENDMENTS OF 1972 AND SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973Contact Information
- Hogla Gonzalez
- 3348 W McDowell Road
- Phoenix, Arizona 850092416