For the 2019-2020 School Year
- Cover Letter
- 3 certificated letters of recommendation
This position assists special education teaching staff in a school setting by performing instructional tasks in small groups and one-on-one settings for students in grades kindergarten through 12 th grade with independent living skills and/or medically fragile needs.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all District policies and procedures.
- Works directly with students with a variety of special needs.
- Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Manage student behavior across setting using consistent and positive intervention strategies.
- Elicit specific behaviors from children as indicated by the instructional program.
- Implements and tracks Individual Education Plan (IEP) data.
- Assists with physical management of students including lifting, moving, positioning, feeding, and toileting or diapering under direction of teacher.
- Assist with the implementation student health plans per the school district nurse and medical professionals in the community. Training to be provided by an appropriate resource.
- Works with students in various community/school sites including field trips, community centers, grocery stores, post office etc.
- Escorts and supervises assigned students in various activities (music, PE, counseling, recess, library, etc.).
- Models appropriate behavior with students, the community and staff.
- Presents subject matter to students, utilizing variety of methods and techniques such as lecture, discussion and supervised role playing, as planned by the teacher.
- Confers with teaching staff on progress of students.
- Tests and evaluates students' abilities and progress as directed by teacher.
- Assists staff with record keeping, copying, filing, grading assignments and taking attendance.
- Monitors and assists students as needed.
- Assists with loading and unloading children from buses.
- Assists the teacher in developing and implementing educational materials.
- Follows prescribed daily schedule as outlined by the teacher.
- Plans daily activities and instruction for students under the direction of the teacher.
- Assists the teacher in the set-up and maintenance of the classroom, materials and supplies.
- Assists the teacher in scheduling appropriate meetings and completion of paperwork.
- Obtain special training as directed to meet unique needs of assigned student(s).
- Maintain appropriate and secure confidential records, information, and inquiries.
- Ability to relate to children and their families in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Ability to relate to staff in a cooperative and positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned by principal and/or Special Services Director.
- Position Type: Not provided
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Holly Lindekugel, HR Asst II
- 6005 Tyee Drive SW
- Tumwater, Washington 98512