VACANCY NOTICETitle: EI/ECSE Speech/Language SpecialistJob Announcement #4130 19/20Opens: September 13, 2019Closes: Open until filled General Information
Willamette Education Service District is accepting applications for multiple full-time (1.0 FTE) Speech/Language Specialist positions with the Special Education Department's Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (EI/ECSE) program. The positions are for the 2020-2021 school year and may be based in Marion, Polk and/or Yamhill County. Successful candidates will will follow a 190-day calendar and will begin on August 21, 2020. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides formal and informal assessment of communication abilities for students, explains results in a clear manner, and makes useful recommendations based on the child/student need
- Develops and implements Individual Family Service Plan goals and objectives to meet the individual needs of children
- Plans and implements service delivery models using best practice models for intervention, adjusts instruction according to progress data, and maintains schedules in assigned sites
- Service coordinates for assigned students including planning, organizing and conducting meetings
- Provides consultation services to Local Education Agency (LEA) staff, Education Service District (ESD) staff, community agencies, and families of children/students with communication disorders
- Develops and maintains caseload schedule in assigned sites
- Maintains records, data, and reports as required by the agency, districts, state and federal agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits
- Master's Degree
- Current speech-language pathologist license issued by the Oregon Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
- Experience in providing direct, consultative and evaluative itinerant speech/language services to children/students with communication disorders within a school setting
- ASHA CCC preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Possess reliable transportation
- Current enrollment in or ability to successfully enroll in the Office of Child Care's Central Background Registry
- Nationwide criminal history check and fingerprinting at employee's expense are required
- This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) licensed position represented by the Willamette Valley Education Association.
- Placement on the Willamette ESD licensed salary schedule, $45,454 - $76,068, will be commensurate with applicant's qualifications, relevant training, experience and prorated according to start date. Salary and benefits shown are based upon full-time employment (1.0 FTE) for the entire school year contract period.
- Willamette ESD will support payment for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees. Employer-paid PERS, holidays, sick leave, and personal days are also provided to qualified employees.
- MODA and Kaiser Permanente Plans
- Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
- Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
- WESD contributes up to $1,360.00 per month
- Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts - medical, day-care expenses
Optional Life, AD&D, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance:
- Standard Insurance Company
- PERS - Public Employee Retirement System
- WESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
- Up to 12 days per year
- Sick Leave Bank
- Employees may opt to donate one day of sick leave to become a member of the Sick Leave Bank.
- Members may draw up to 25 days of sick leave if catastrophic illness or injury leaves the employee without paid leave time to cover their absence from work.
- Up to $1,670 per year for professional development for licensed staff (if there are unexpended or uncommitted dollars in the fund at the end of the fiscal year, employees may receive additional tuition reimbursement)
Professional Development Opportunities
- WESD hosts a variety of online training classes
- First Aid/CPR classes offered onsite
- CPD - Continuing Professional Development Program
- Includes workshops, conferences, and mentorship programs
- This position qualifies for a $2,400 annual differential
Salary and benefits shown: are prorated based upon FTE and hire date; are based upon 2017-2020 licensed bargaining agreement; and are subject to change based upon the outcome of new bargaining agreement.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Human Resources Director at 503-385-4752 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the ESD for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900 or 711.The Willamette Education Service District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting with their completed application a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension as verification of eligibility. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214/215.
- Applications are available at https://willamette.cloud.talentedk12.com (select Recruit & Hire ) or online at www.wesd.org .
- Applicants must submit a resume, two letters of reference and a letter of introduction with their application for the application to be complete.
- Copies of transcripts and license(s) must be submitted for all licensed positions, as required. Successful applicants are required to provide official transcripts before completion of the hiring process.
- If you require assistance with the application or interview process due to a disability, please call Director of Human Resources at (503) 385-4752. Alternate formats are available upon request.
Job Categories: Special Education > Speech/Language Pathologist
Student Services > Speech/Language Pathologist Contact Information
- Meagan Head, HR Specialist
- 2611 Pringle Rd SE
- Salem, Oregon 97302