Special Education Teacher AssistantQUALIFICATIONS:
• Associate's degree or higher
• Demonstrated ability to work with students of varying developmental levelsJOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist with implementation of student programs
• Perform and assist teacher in providing ancillary services such as toileting, lifting, catheterization, suctioning, tube feeding, etc.
• Assist in preparation and organization of instructional materials
• Implement strategies to support students with severe language impairments
• Communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
• Participate in the implementation of emergency intervention plans to intervene with students exhibiting behavior of risk to self or others
• Demonstrate the ability to keep all information regarding a student and their family confidentialREPORTS TO:
Principal, Char-Em ISD Special Education ProgramsDEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Until FilledCONTRACT LENGTH:
190 days annually, school yearCOMPENSATION:
$15.36 hourly, plus full benefits.BEGINNING DATE OFEMPLOYMENT:
The Charlevoix-Emmet Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or marital status. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the individual's ability to do the essential functions and duties of the job or without accommodation. Under state law, a person with a disability condition may not allege a failure to accommodate a disabling condition unless the employer knew or reasonably should have known that an accommodation was needed.
Job Categories: Special Education > General Special Education
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Contact Information
- Jessica Fettig
- 8568 Mercer Rd.
- Charlevoix, Michigan 49720