Title I Counselor (K-8) JOB GOAL
: To help students overcome problems that impedes learning and assist those in adjusting to the social, physical and emotional challenges throughout the elementary years. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current Arizona Guidance Counselor Certification (K-12)
- Master's degree in Counseling (MA), Clinical Social Work (CSW), or Social Work (MSW) from an accredited college or university.
- Experience preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and works effectively in a professional learning community
- Views self as a learner and seeks professional challenges and demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates ability in working with diverse populations (ELL, Special Education and Gifted)
- Demonstrates an understanding of the unique challenges facing Title I students and their families.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth by participation in professional growth opportunities.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- Must be a team player and get along well with others.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have excellent memory and ability to function well under stress.
- Must demonstrate an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, common sense, and good judgment.
- Skill in operating a personal computer using a variety of software applications.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Educational Services Administrator and Site Administrator PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
Assists students in evaluating their strengths and weaknesses so they can set goals that stretch beyond their elementary years and give them hope for their future.Remains readily available to students so as to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding and maturity.Establishes a line of communication between the school and the home.Supports the school's existing Tier 1 behavioral program.Provides guidance for teachers and student teachers in dealing with student learning or personal problems.Maintains student records and protects their confidentiality through complying with FERPA guidelines.Guides students in their participation in school and community activities.Works collaboratively and in partnership with the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support Team (MTSS), 504, Individual Education Plan (IEP) teams, parent/teacher conferences, and student information meetings by providing social/emotional data.Utilizes learning activities that are suitable to students and instructional goals.Monitors social emotional progress when it impacts academic progress in alignment with state and district standards.Implements student academic interventions with administrators, teachers, and parents.Utilizes materials and resources that support the instructional goals and engages students in meaningful learning.Delivers lessons and units that have recognizable structure, effective instructional strategies and time allocations for learning activities.Collaborates with teachers to develop social emotional interventions.Responds appropriately to student behavior.Collaborates with parents/guardians and staff regarding the educational, career, and personal/social development of students.Assists student/family transition to the next educational experience.Develops and implements a guidance program that aligns with the Arizona School Counseling Program.Works with outside behavioral health agencies to provide individual and/or family support related to social/emotional needs as needed.Utilizes community and district resources to meet the individual needs ofServes as a liaison between school district and community agencies.Demonstrates knowledge of the roles/responsibilities of community agencies.Exhibits sensitivity, empathy, and acceptance necessary for problem solving.Functions as a credible resource by offering a variety of options and strategies.Participates in professional development to enhance knowledge and pedagogical skill.Assesses crisis situations and responds appropriately to school and student needs.Follows appropriate district procedures in emergency situations.Must meet any additional specific job requirements as indicated by the school.Performs other work-related duties as assigned. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher Salary Schedule and fringe benefits as approved by the Governing Board. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled CONTACT PERSON
Cartwright School District
Haidee Ruiz, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX: (623) 691-4079 [email protected]
Rita Moncibaez, Human Resources
(623) 691-4075 FAX: (623) 691-4075[email protected]
Heather Salazar, Human Resources
(623) 691-5946 FAX : (623) 691-4079[email protected]
Job Category: Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor Contact Information
- Katy Silva
- 3401 N 67th Avenue
- Phoenix, Arizona 85033-4599