Licensed Educator Clinical Internship BY INVITATION ONLY
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION ONLY IF YOU RECEIVED AN EMAIL
FROM HUMAN RESOURCES REQUESTING THAT YOU COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION
YOU WERE DIRECTED BY YOUR UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVE TO COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION.
ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVE.
For the purposes of this posting, a Licensed Educator Clinical Internship is defined as a learning experience where the candidate assumes responsibility for the instruction, implementation, leadership or management of an area based on the candidate's anticipated licensure area in teacher education or school leadership. The Internship must be a part of a College or University's curriculum that is required for students to become licensed by the State of North Carolina. The Internship experience must be a credit and grade earning experience required by the College or University. The Clinical Internship does not include observation experiences where the candidate does not assume full responsibility for an area of practice. This is not a paid internship.
To be considered for a Licensed Educator Clinical Internship with Guilford County Schools, your University Representative must receive approval from the Executive Director of Human Resources. Your University representative may contact Alison Coker at [email protected]
for more information. Process Overview
1. University Representative submits a request for student placement to the Executive Director of Human Resources (HR)
2. HR provides intern candidates with an application, including a background check request
3. Executive Director of Human Resources approves/denies placement request and notifies University Representative
4. University Representative notifies student intern of approval/denial
4. GCS works collaboratively with the University representative to identify potential placements for approved candidates
5. Human Resources provides University with final approval for placement
6. The University communicates placement to the student and begins communication with the principalEqual Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Dr. Shirley Morrison
- 712 N. Eugene St.
- Greensboro, North Carolina 27401