NATURE OF WORK
Under general supervision, performs manual labor serving meals and other food, and assisting in meal setup and cleanup tasks in a school cafeteria. Work involves serving meals or a la carte items at a serving line, and participating in various cleanup activities. Employee also performs some routine tasks to assist in food preparation and record keeping. MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent is required as well as some experience in food service or housekeeping work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves food at serving line, as necessary, providing a la carte items as requested or meal plates; answers inquiries pertaining to food and meal content.
2. Performs light food preparation tasks such as washing fresh fruits and vegetables, assembling salads, assembling and wrapping sandwiches, panning and reheating food items, preparing tea, baking cookies and frying French fries, etc.
3. Places food, condiments and supplies on serving lines; monitors serving lines to ensure they are clean and communicates with coworkers to ensure lines are kept well supplied during serving.
4. Cleans kitchen area and equipment and utensils to ensure that sanitation codes are maintained; washes pots, pans, and serving utensils by hand or by dishwashing machine, including adding detergent and sanitizing agent, and regulating temperature and water flow to thoroughly clean and sanitize pots and pans, serving and cooking utensils and silverware.
5. Performs various housekeeping or janitorial duties in kitchen such as sweeping and mopping, and in dining area, such as wiping or washing tables, chairs or benches.
6. May open canned items, prepare condiment trays, filled drink glasses, place milk in coolers, place ice cream in open freezers, etc., as directed.
7. May assist with putting up delivery stock in appropriate storage areas.
8. May assist with wrapping and putting away food and supplies at the end of serving time.
9. Completes assigned reports.
10.Performs other work related tasks as required.MINIMUM STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIESPhysical Requirements:
Must be physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including ovens, steamers, fryers, braising pan, mops, and all types of kitchen utensils and tools pertaining to food service, etc. Must be able to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Light Work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree. However, if the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.Data Conception:
Requires the ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural or composite characteristics (whether similar or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.Interpersonal Communication:
Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information. Includes receiving instructions, assignments or directions from superiors.Language Ability:
Requires the ability to read a variety of correspondence, menus, etc. Requires the ability to speak to people with poise, voice control and confidence.Intelligence:
Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.Verbal Aptitude:
Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently in Standard English.Numerical Aptitude:
Requires the ability to utilize mathematical formulas; to add and subtract; multiply and divide.Form/Spatial Aptitude:
Requires the ability to inspect items for proper length, width and shape.Motor Coordination:
Requires the ability to coordinate hands and eyes rapidly and accurately in using kitchen equipment.Manual Dexterity:
Requires the ability to handle a variety of items such as kitchen equipment. Must have minimal levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.Color Discrimination:
Requires the ability to differentiate between colors and shades of color.Interpersonal Temperament:
Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when confronted with emergency situations.Physical Communication:
Requires the ability to talk and hear: (Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words. Hearing: perceiving nature of sounds by ear.)DISCLAIMER
The preceding job description was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Janice Frazier
- 369 West Street
- Pittsboro, North Carolina 27312