Non- Exempt General Definition of Work
The employee is this position provides support to students who have health, behavioral or instructional needs to meet IEP goals and have success in the general curriculum. Must be able to care for child with disabilities involving lifting and supporting the student; attending to physical, personal and medical needs.Qualification Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 48 semester hours (earned at a Regionally Accredited College/University) or an Associate's degree preferred.
- This employee must be highly qualified under NCLB.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to display calmness, patience, and firmness in managing problem behavior.
- Ability to accept and follow direction of teacher as well as being a self-starter.
- Ability to show respect for all students, regardless of abilities or needs
- Dependability and promptness.
Grade 58Reports to
- Assists with individual student physical needs.
- Assists with maintaining student safety.
- Assists students with personal care and hygiene needs (may include assistance with feeding/toileting).
- Assists with provision of instruction and instructional monitoring under teacher direction.
- Assists teacher with preparation for instruction.
- Must be positive, motivated and willing to encourage student independence.
- Must be able to work with a team of therapists/ teachers and staff.
- Helps assure that students are properly supervised at all times.
- Manages behavior through approved methods as established by teacher and IEP team.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to participate in repetitive bending/lifting and walking longer distances.
- Must be willing to assist on field trips.
- Work regularly requires speaking or hearing, frequently requires standing, walking and sitting and occasionally requires using hands to finger, handle or feel, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, lifting and repetitive motions.
- Work has standard vision requirements.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound.
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data.
- Work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Glenda Jones
- 4401 Old Airport Road
- Concord, North Carolina 28025