Pay Grade 58 $14.11 - $20.84 per hour
Non Exempt General Definition of Work
Performs difficult human support work assisting classroom teachers by working with individual students or small groups, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Principal.Qualification Requirements
Highly Qualified requirements (48 college credit hours or 2-year Associates Degree).Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of the special education needs of pupils in the classroom.
- General knowledge of the practices and methods used in special education programs.
- Ability to assist classroom teacher in a variety of tasks.
- Skill in working with special education students.
- Ability to work with and assist special education pupils.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, public, associates and students.
- Ability to accept and follow direction of teacher as well as being a self-starter.
- Ability to display calmness, patience, and firmness in managing problem behaviors.
- Patient and kind showing respect for all students regardless of abilities or needs.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Dependable and prompt.
Pay Grade 58Reports to
- Teaches and implements IEP goals and NCSCOS lessons and extensions.
- Performs non-academic activities such as lunch, encore, recess, etc.
- Outside classroom duties including car, bus, and hallway duties.
- Provides self-help and medical support as needed.
- Assists with the management of instruction and behavior.
- Assists with provision of individualized instruction and instructional monitoring.
- Assists teacher with preparation for instruction.
- Helps assure that students are properly supervised at all times.
- Manages behavior through approved methods, as established by teacher and IEP team
- Helps students with personal care and hygiene needs.
- Maintains medication logs according to regulations and administer insulin shots if needed.
- Performs related work as required.
- This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force.
- Work regularly requires speaking or hearing and lifting, frequently requires standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms and repetitive motions and occasionally requires using hands to finger, handle or feel and pushing or pulling.
- Work has standard vision requirements.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound.
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices and observing general surroundings and activities.
- Work has no exposure to environmental conditions.
- Work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Glenda Jones
- 4401 Old Airport Road
- Concord, North Carolina 28025