Under the direction of the Director of Food Services and immediate supervision of the Head of Kitchen, the cashier must be willing to work with others and interact with students. Must be neat in appearance and exhibit dedicated work habits. Must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law. Must be able to lift /move up to 50lbs without restrictions. Must comply with dress code as designated by the Food Service Department. Must be competent working with computers, email, and operating a cash register. Physical demands include: continuous lifting, standing, manual dexterity, walking, handling, bending, pushing, and pulling. With occasional need for climbing and squatting. The cashier must be able to:
- Work under the direction of the assigned school Head of Kitchen.
- Is able to operate district issued point of sale system (computer software/register) as well as email and other computer software programs as required.
- Checks student's trays/meals to ensure all offer vs. serve requirements are met.
- Assists with food ordering and inventory control.
- Assists and may perform checking of deliveries and confirms that all requested items were received in specified quantity and quality. Reports any items that are missing, substituted, and/or out of stock to Head of Kitchen or Food Service office.
- Assists with food preparation and documentation of production and food temperatures as necessary.
- May help with the tracking of daily temperature record of cold storage units, and reports any issue to the Head of Kitchen.
- Submits accountability reports per state and federal requirements as directed by the Food Service office and Head of Kitchen.
- Responsible for the cleanliness/sanitation of the student dining area as well as the kitchen as necessary.
- Demonstrates the district's high standards of customer service, working cooperatively with school administrators, co-workers, school staff, and students.
- All other duties as assigned as directed by the Food Service office and/or Head of Kitchen.
High school diploma or G.E.D.; previous customer service and/or cashier experience preferred; attention to detail and accuracy; reliable and dependable; ability to interact with diverse and varied populations.
In accordance with the Food Service Salary Schedule.
Job Category: Support Staff > Food Service Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Cambridge Public Schools
- 159 Thorndike Street
- Cambridge, Massachusetts 02141