Creswell School District is seeking appropriately licensed candidates for a 1.0 FTE School Psychologist Position for the 2020-21 school year.
This position includes consultation and collaboration with staff and parents on psychoeducational evaluations and effective prevention activities. Activities include leading the evaluation planning process, conducting comprehensive special education evaluations, analyzing and interpreting evaluation results, crises intervention, supporting school teams to make data-based decisions, and guiding staff and parents regarding the educational, emotional, behavioral and developmental needs of students.
Successful Candidates Will:
- Consult and collaborate effectively with students, parents, staff and community agencies.
- Participate in regular building team meetings.
- Works collaboratively with building staff as a team member to identify and implement intervention strategies prior to referral to special education.
- Complete special education evaluations and re-evaluations within state-mandated timelines under the eligibility categories: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Emotional Disturbance, Intellectual Disability, Other Health Impaired, Specific Learning Disability, and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Interpret evaluation data, progress monitoring data, psychological reports, psychiatric reports, and special education documents for teams and staff.
- Participates in IEP meetings where the results of the multidisciplinary evaluation and educational recommendations are shared with the IEP team.
- Use a variety of assessment tools to assess academic skills, cognitive ability, psychological processing, adaptive skills, social skills, emotional/behavioral status and mental health status.
- Integrate evaluation data into a clear, concise, organized and educationally relevant evaluation report.
- Use technology fluently to manage all components of the job requirements.
- Facilitate special education meetings.
- Provide evidence-based interventions and instruction supports.
- Promote and implement Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Support Plans.
- Assist with systems-level decisions and services, including Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- Provides inservice materials and information to district staff regarding specific disabilities and supports.
- Adhere to the ethical, legal and professional standards of the profession.
Valid Oregon TSPC license, School Psychologist endorsement or National Association of School Psychologist licensure
Position open until filled. Applicant screening begins March 13, 2020.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Amy Aguero, Director of Special Services - [email protected]
Job Category: Student Services > Psychologist Contact Information
- Leslie Higdon
- 998 West A Street
- Creswell, Oregon 97426