This position is posted to create a pool of candidates. Eligible Candidates will be contacted as positions become available. TitleTitle Code
TempReports To (title only)Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Operates a school bus in transporting comprehensive and special education students to and from schools. Work involves responsibility for making daily pre-trip, post trip and safety inspection; notifying appropriate persons in case of mechanical breakdowns, delays, or accidents; and completing required forms or reports as designated. The nature of the work may require stooping, pushing, carrying, bending, lifting and sustaining up to 40 lbs. independently.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Operates a school bus in transporting special education students to and from schools.
2. Makes daily pre-trip and post trip safety inspection before operation; and reports mechanical defects to repair shop personnel, accordingly.
3. Drives vehicle in a safe and prudent manner, obeying all State and local traffic laws and Transportation Division Regulations.
4. Transports and discharges only authorized students at designated schools/locations.
5. Maintains discipline of students aboard school bus; and reports cases of misbehavior or other problems to school administration/Transportation officials.
6. Adheres to and maintains assigned work schedules and designated routes. Reports any prolonged traffic delays and/or lateness to supervisors.
7. Notifies appropriate persons in case of mechanical breakdowns.
8. Reports all accidents and completes required report as instructed.
9. Attends in-service training conducted by the Transportation Division.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .Education
• High school diploma or equivalency certificate preferred.Experience
• Five (5) years of actual driving experience during which time a valid operator's license was held.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have no evidence or criminal record or convictions of crimes of moral turpitude.
• Satisfactory driving record.
• Some knowledge of and/or experience in dealing with special needs students preferred.
• Ability to exercise considerable patience and to assist the special needs students during their transportation to and from school.
• Ability to work cooperatively with staff, students and parents.Licenses/Certifications
• Must satisfactorily complete the Maryland State Department of Education prescribed pre-service instruction.
• Must pass the annual Maryland State School Bus Driver Physical Examination.
• Must successfully complete and maintain CPR certification or other first aid program(s) as required.Career Ladder Requirements
• N/APhysical Requirements
• Must be physically capable of stooping, pushing, carrying, bending, lifting and sustaining up to 40 lbs. independently.Established: 11/1/2017
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Transportation Welcome to Anne Arundel County Public Schools!
Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) provides a challenging and rewarding educational experience for every child. We offer a comprehensive system-wide multicultural curriculum from kindergarten through 12th grade. At every level, the focus is on success for every student. Quality instruction, combined with teacher commitment, provides excellence in our instructional programs. Explore career opportunities with a progressive school system dedicated to providing the very best services to our students, our educators, and our community. Located on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay, Anne Arundel County is conveniently located near the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is home to the state capitol, Annapolis, which has a rich historical past. Notable landmarks include the United State Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade, the National Security Agency, and Baltimore Washington International Airport. The county encompasses urban, suburban, and rural areas, with 432 miles of tidal shoreline. Fine dining, state parks, major cultural attractions, the best in entertainment and professional sports are within easy access to our central location.
AACPS offers: Competitive Salary and Benefits Outstanding Right Start Mentor Program for New Teachers Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education Opportunities for Advancement in the Education Field Exemplary Special Education Programs Rigorous Advanced Placement Coursework for Students Learn more about us... Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 2644 Riva Road
- Annapolis, Maryland 21401
- Phone: 410-222-5061
- Fax: 443-458-0134
- Email: click here