LCSD #7 is looking for an Assistant Football Coach for the upcoming 2020-21 season. Job duties are to aid in coaching the district's high school Football program. Projected start date - Summer weightlifting, practice to begin AUG 17. FTE: Extra Duty Position/Varies/1.0. This position is OPEN until filled.
Special Qualifications - REQUIRED:
- Previous High School Coaching Experience - PREFERRED
- OSAA Certification - REQUIRED
- First Aid / CPR Certifications - REQUIRED
- Leadership and Citizenship Qualities - REQUIRED
- Highly Interested in working with students - REQUIRED
- Effective Instructional Skills - REQUIRED
- Learn and coach to the program's vision statement and core values - REQUIRED
- Develop relationships with both the coaching staff and players through program-related activities - REQUIRED
- Coaches are willing and constantly learning new techniques and ideas that will give us an edge over the competition - REQUIRED
- Must have a flexible schedule that will allow the successful candidate to attend practices, both home and away games for varsity (Friday) and JV (Monday) levels, and be able to fulfill scouting duties and attend coaching meetings on the weekends. REQUIRED
- Willing and able to paint the field in preparation for games, set up and tear down field markers/pads on game days. REQUIRED
LAKE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 7
TITLE: ASSISTANT COACH OR JV COACH (FOOTBALL)
1. A valid Oregon teaching license is preferred.
High school diploma Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality Displays evidence of good leadership and citizenship qualitiesand is highly interested in working with students. Prior job related experience is desirable. Has effective instructional skills. Holds a valid and current first aid card. Holds a National Federation of High School Coaches Certification
RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal, Athletic Director, and head coach
JOB GOAL: The assistant coach is to promote, direct, and conduct interscholastic athletics in such a manner as to further the aims of general education and good sportsmanship.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to the following:
Encourage and promote student participation in their particular sport while supporting student involvement in a wide variety of student activities.Carry out the program planned by the head coach, provide assistance as needed, and perform delegated duties set forth by the head coach of that sport.The assistant coach will follow the method of play designed by the head coach.Encourage good sportsmanship, fair play, ethical conduct, and desirable pupil/teacher relationships.Support and cooperate with all other coaches in promoting the best total school sports program.Keep abreast of new developments, innovative ideas, and techniques by current reading and attending clinics and workshops.Ensure student athletes are cleared before equipment is issued or participation in practice occurs.Prepare facilities for athletic contests in cooperation with the athletic director and athletic club.Keep abreast of all rules and rule changes.Support the Board's participation rules as adopted and set forth in the student and athletic handbooks. Thoroughly explain to athletes these participation rules, eligibility requirements, and operation of the insurance program.Is responsible for the supervision of all participants and team, support students in his/her charge during the time that they are in the locker room, at practice, at games, and accepts additional responsibility for supervision of students on overnight road trips.Be directly responsible for equipment used in his/her sport and for a complete inventory of equipment and uniforms due at the end of the sport season.Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal and athletic director and head coach.Perform other duties as outlined in the District's athletic and student handbooksFamiliarize himself/herself with the District's policies regarding asbestos, chemicals, AID/Hepatitis procedures, and all other policies related to the position as may be developed during the course of employment.Comply with Fingerprint-Based Criminal History law effective January 1, 1994.
SPORT SEASONS: Assistant coaches in each sport will fulfill all Southern Cascade League obligations and conform to the standards of the Oregon School Activities Association. The length of the sport season will be in accordance with the participation limitation set forth by the Oregon School Activities Association.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement existing between District 7 and L-OEA. The length of the employment for this position shall be for one year only
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Contact Information
- Alanna Chamulak
- 1341 South 1st Street
- Lakeview, Oregon 97630