Bethel School District is seeking qualified Bus Driver applicants for our Special Services Transportation department. Bethel Schools are committed to creating safe, caring, mutually respectful environments where all students are honored and valued for their diverse cultural backgrounds, strengths and abilities in every instructional practice and school activity to support academic achievement and student success.Nature of Work
Drivers operate motor vehicles to transport students to and from school.Examples of Work
These duties are illustrative only. Other duties may be assigned .
- Inspects vehicle for proper operation of all necessary devices, including windshield wipers, lights, doors and locks, tire pressure and wear, horn, brakes, steering, emergency equipment, and fuel and oil levels.
- Notifies proper officials of any deficiencies or malfunctions.
- Cleans vehicle interior and exterior.
- Drives vehicle in a safe manner, observing all traffic laws and regulations regarding the transportation of students.
- Assists students in getting on and off the vehicle and securely buckles students in safety belts.
- Maintains discipline when students are on the vehicle.
- Administers first aid as required.
- Reads, understands, and applies policies and procedures defined in the District's Pupil Transportation Manual and the Oregon Pupil Transportation Manual.
Works under the general supervision of the Transportation Supervisor. Selection Factors
- Ability to successfully pass driving and criminal records checks before beginning the job.
- Ability to successfully pass classroom and behind the wheel training before beginning the job.
- Ability to obtain a valid first aid card before beginning the job.
- Ability to maintain student discipline on the vehicle.
- Ability to effectively work with the guardians of the students being transported.
- Ability to maintain a safe driving record.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply District, State, and Federal laws, regulations and policies relating to the transportation of students.
- Ability to drive passenger transportation vehicles in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Ability to learn safe lifting techniques to lift and properly place students in their seats.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate and legal level of confidentiality regarding students, staff, and other individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, administrators, parents, and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable and prompt attendance.
Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and possess a combination of experience and training that demonstrates possession of the requisite abilities. Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work may be substituted.Special Requirements
Possession or ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver's license and CDL, and obtain a valid DOT Physical without any restrictions or limitations before beginning the job are required. Must demonstrate the ability to pass a Bus Driver Fit for Duty test.
For information regarding this position, please contact Eli Fields
, Transportation Supervisor, either via email or at 541-461-6405.
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire
. Please list only supervisors or colleagues as references.
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
If you are an in-district employee and wish to be considered for this position, please indicate your interest in writing to Remie Calalang
, Human Resources Director, by 4:00 p.m. on February 27, 2020.CLOSING DATE:
Open until filled Bethel School District 52 complies with provisions of the various civil rights laws, such as the Fair Employment Practices Act, Title IX regulations, and Section 504 of PL93.112 in employment and educational programs and activities. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT The Bethel School District, an equal opportunity employer, complies with provisions of the various civil rights laws, such as the Fair Employment Practice Act, Title IX Regulations and Section 504 of PL 93.112 in employment and educational programs and activities.The District is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act amendments of 1989.Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact Remie Calalang, Human Resources Director, at (541) 689-3280 for additional information or assistance. POSITION AVAILABLE PLEASE POST IMMEDIATELY
4640 Barger Drive, Eugene, OR 97402 l Phone: (541) 689-3280 l Fax: (541) 689-0719 l www.bethel.k12.or.us
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Jill Busby, Board Secretary
- 4640 Barger Drive
- Eugene, Oregon 97402