JOB OR POSITION SUMMARY
: Working in cooperation with appropriate district supervisors, teachers, parents and students, shall work with students whose ability to function in the school environment has been affected by issues such as truancy, poor attendance, substance abuse, and/or behavior problems.
All certified positions require Arizona Teacher Certification and highly qualified status for the content area pursuant to federal requirements. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Arizona State Retirement, and Personal Leave. The District also offers other opportunities for compensation including Performance Pay, or Academic and athletic stipends.QUALIFICATIONS:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- AZ School Counselor certificate or CISW (AZ Cert. Independent Social Worker) Social Worker, preferred. AZ Guidance Counselor will be considered if experience warrants.
- Experience working with culturally/ethnically diverse populations and at-risk students
- Experience/knowledge of case management, including work with families dealing with substance abuse issues
- Experience working with and accessing various individuals, social service agencies, and community agencies for services
- Experience conducting concise and meaningful assessments, formulating action plans, writing progress reports and summaries, and communicating with students and individuals needed to assist
- Deal with individual student's problems in a constructive, supportive, non-judgmental manner.
- Obtain/use knowledge about student to facilitate the student's participation and success in educational opportunities offered by PUSD.
- Provide follow-up services after student returns to school.
- Familiar with available community services and opportunities.
- Assist student, family, and regular school in accessing and utilizing services.
- Serve as advocate for student and student's family.
- Assist in identifying the best available resources to help student become successful in school and general areas of living.
- Providing assessment and intervention services including short term individual and group counseling.
- Providing social casework and attendance outreach by linking parents, school personal, and social services agencies.
- Assessing students at risk and referring them to the adequate resources
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy.
Parker Unified School District No. 27 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran's status, political affiliation or genetic code in its educational programs, activities or employment policies as required by federal law.
Job Category: Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor Contact Information
- Renea Tartaro
- PO BOX 1090
- Parker, Arizona 85344